Feel on top of the world on this hiking adventure
Uncover the Alps in all their glory as you spend eight days hiking the iconic Tour du Mont Blanc. Following a circuit route from Chamonix in France, come face to face with dizzying peaks, magnificent lakes and rolling green pastures, passing through Switzerland and Italy on the way. Each day ends in charming accommodation, from historic hotels to scenic alpine huts, and your luggage will be transported for you each day to lighten the load. With a highly qualified International Mountain Leader as your guide, they’ll not only ensure your safety throughout, but also show you what makes this part of the world so special.
The Tour du Mont Blanc is undoubtably one of Europe’s most iconic and beautiful long-distance treks. Enjoy a week of hiking to the backdrop of snow-capped peaks, lakes, glaciers and mountain pastures.
Comfortable and clean hotels & lodges are included each night, plus a remote family-run mountain auberge in the heart of valley of Les Chapieux, offering up truly magnificent views of the surrounding mountains.
Take a load off – literally! Your luggage will be transferred between your accommodation each day, meaning you’ll only have to carry a day pack, and your luggage will be waiting at your hotel.
Filling breakfasts, picnic lunches and hearty dinners are included on each walking day – fuelling up for your explorations couldn’t be easier (or more delicious!).
With an experienced and highly qualified International Mountain Leader by your side every step of the way, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands.
This is a hiking trip and some of the sections are demanding. You must be fit and in good health in order to join this trip. Please carefully read descriptions of all hikes in the day to day itinerary. If need be, please start preparing for this trip physically 4 to 6 weeks prior to your departure.
Be sure to bring the appropriate gear required for alpine hikes. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
Luggage transfer included is for 1 piece of luggage per person with a strict weight restriction of 9kg and packed in a soft bag/duffle bag or a rucksack.
This trip visits points over 2500m, where there is a risk of being affected by Acute Mountain Sickness. Please be aware of the symptoms and let your leader know if you or any of your fellow travellers experience any.
This is a point-to-point walking trip, allowing you to access remote and beautiful parts of the alps. However, this also means once you start a day’s walk, there’s no turning back – so be prepared!
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hike the Tour du Mont Blanc trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 01 in Chamonix.
2. This trip ends on Day 08 and you are free to leave at any time.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement is subject to availability and applies only for nights spent in Chamonix. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Luggage transfer included is for 1 piece of luggage per person with a strict weight restriction of 9kg and packed in a soft bag/duffle bag or a rucksack. Any excess luggage can be stored in Chamonix for the duration of the trek.
5. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers and is guaranteed to depart. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services only once your Booking Agent has confirmed your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information