Explore South Africa's abundant wildlife, Zulu culture and dramatic scenery
Travel through South Africa and Swaziland, combining cultural and wildlife experiences. The tour starts with an introduction to South Africa’s most famous township, Soweto, before heading out into the wilderness. Once on the road you’ll stop at a Zulu village and experience activities such as hiking, kayaking and rafting before arriving at Kruger National Park for unbelievable wildlife watching.
Get 15% OFF safe, fun, action-packed adventures designed specifically for families.Terms & Conditions
This trip visits a great spread of Southern African game reserves, putting you right in the midst of the mighty 'Big Five' game of Africa
Camp at Kruger National Park under the African night sky. Experience the sights and sounds of the wild, perhaps the roar of a lion as you drift off to sleep
A Zulu village tour introduces you to a fascinating tribal culture. You might learn about anything from spear-making and bone-throwing to dancing and basket-weaving
Beautifully lit by candles and parafin lanterns, your spacious campsite in Hlane National Park is just a stone's throw from a floodlit waterhole frequented by elephants and rhinos
Enjoy a guided hike at Blyde River Canyon, where the spectacular colours and shades of Bourke's Luck Potholes are a photographer's dream
This trip quite a bit of distance, with two particularly long days of travel. A good dose of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of these beautiful countries.
This is a participatory camping trip and everyone will embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning. You will be putting up and taking down your tent as you move from place to place
Malaria is a risk in these areas, so it's essential to consult a doctor about relevant medication prior to your trip.
1) Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2) Minimum age for children on this trip is 10 years old.
3) A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children under 17 years of age at time of travel.
4) Start/Finish time: This trip starts at noon on Day 1 and ends at approximately 3pm on day 12 at Johannesburg international airport. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm.
5) Entry Requirements - Travelling with Children: Parents need to produce an original unabridged birth certificate if they are travelling with children. This regulation has been put in place to protect children from being abducted, kidnapped and trafficked. The Department of Home Affairs has urged all parents to apply for unabridged certificates for their children. Additionally, further documentation including permission to travel, may be required if only one parent is travelling. These are requirements of the immigration regulation 6 (12)(a) for parents travelling with children. More information can be found here: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/traveling-with-children
PACKING NOTE: you will need to bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
Our South Africa Family Safari with teenagers trips score an average of 4.5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews in the last year.
We had a great time and have seen 4 of the big 5. It will keep it always in good memory. I was supported by our excellent tour guide Colin, the safe driver Alan and by the group constellation. The basic camping was great fun for the teens. It is important to be prepared to have no electricity on the camp sites.
Review submitted 02 May 2018
An amazing mix of game drives, snorkelling on deserted beaches and rain forest walks. Luxury lodges to basic camping an eclectic mix and sensory experience
Review submitted 14 Apr 2018