Enjoy an incredible African adventure on this journey from Kruger National Park to the rugged beauty of sophisticated Cape Town. Feel the thrill of spotting one (or more!) of Africa’s Big Five for the first time on a game drive, hear the trumpet of elephants across the plains and learn about the park’s unique ecosystem on a guided walk. Travel to bustling Joburg – a juxtaposing city of mansions and shantytowns – before travelling to the chic streets of Cape Town to learn about the city’s dramatic past. Immerse yourself in the culture, beauty and history of this astonishing region.
Dates and availability
1. This trip departs between 5.30am and 6:30am on Day 1 so it is essential that you overnight in Johannesburg the day before the tour.
2. You will be picked up between 5.30am and 6.30 am on Day 1 of this itinerary. Our preferred Joining Point Hotel is the Holiday Inn Rosebank and pick up time if 6.00 am. If you require a pick up from another centrally-located hotel or airport hotel in Johannesburg, please advise your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure. Our local operations team will advise the relevant Hotel reception of the exact pick up time 24 hours prior to pick up.
3. This trip is a combination of Intrepid's Short Break Adventures and you will not be accompanied by a tour leader. You will have local guides at the Lodge in Kruger and in Cape Town for your activities.
4. This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide in Kruger and in Cape Town with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time.
5. This trip includes an internal flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town on Day 6 and the flight will only be confirmed with full payment. Flights are non-refundable and non-changeable.
6. We will be using Mango or Kalula for the internal flight and the maximum checked in luggage is 20 kilos and one piece of hand baggage weighing up to 7kg per person.
7. Unfortunately the Table Mountain cable car, facilities and shops will be closed due to maintenance from 8th July 8 to 18th August 2019. Access to the top of Table Mountain will still be available by the steep hiking trail. If you wish to hike to the top of the mountain we recommend using a local guide. Your Leader or hotel reception will be able to assist with arrangements.
8. Please note this is a join in adventure and you will travel with a group of like minded Intrepid and non Intrepid passengers during transfers and game drives.
9. Flights will only be booked once full payment is received. At that time any changes or cancellations will incur fees. Flights are non-refundable and non-changeable.
We will be using Mango or Kalula. Maximum checked baggage is 20 kilos.
10. Due to Thornybush Private Reserve safety regulations, children under 6 are not be permitted to participate in the bush walks in this itinerary.
Filter by rating