Rock-hewn wonders and wind-swept vistas in Bedouin territory
Journey through Jordan on an 8-day Premium adventure and discover a land of desert treasures and altruistic people. From the soaring facades of Petra to the lowest lows of the Dead Sea, the sunrise colours of Wadi Rum and the ancient ruins of Jerash, Jordan’s landscapes impress at every turn. But beneath its striking exterior is its people – full of heart and deep-rooted tradition. Learn the secrets of Jordanian cuisine with a mother and her daughters, immerse yourself in Bedouin culture during dinner at their camp and travel with a local leader who will illuminate the magic of their country.
Spend a day exploring the majesty and mystery of Petra, embark on a 4WD drive adventure through wind-swept rock formations of Wadi Rum and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
Lift the lid on Jordanian cuisine when you dine in a fantastic local restaurant in Amman, and learn the tricks of the trade during an immersive cooking class run by three sisters in the home of their grandmother.
Experience isolated elegance during your Feature Stay at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum. Enjoy modern comforts while being surrounded by the vast desert, natural sandstone sculptures and a sky jewelled with stars.
Embrace local life as you travel with a passionate Jordanian leader, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of the communities and historic sites you visit.
Join your Bedouin hosts in Wadi Rum for an Exclusive Experience to remember. Tuck into a traditional dinner cooked in a zarb (underground oven) while learning about the Bedouin way of life.
Ramadan is an annual month-long festival, during which travel can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the day, such as restaurants or cafes, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider this when selecting your travel dates. You’ll find dates and further information in the ‘Climate and seasonal information’ section of the Essential Trip Information.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Jordan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you are planning this activity as it is not available on all departures.
4. On EEPJ230306 and EEPJ221009, the Feature Stay will be Rahayeb Desert Camp.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information