Experience South America's best-kept secret.
Colombia is one of those gems of South America that still is often skipped on the tourist trail. Be captivated by Bogota’s colonial-era centre, laze on palm-fringed stretches of Caribbean shoreline and meet the locals that make Colombia one of the world's friendliest countries on this 10-day South American adventure. While Tayrona National Park and the Guachaca region offer gorgeous hiking trails, off-track swimming holes and powdery beaches nestled in lush jungle, eye-catching towns like Barichara are a dream to explore, and adrenaline-fuelled San Gil is just moments away. For an off-track trip in that’s full of rhythm, music, colour and life, Explore Colombia is right up there with the best of them.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Wander beneath the floral balconies of Cartagena – the World Heritage-listed town combining Caribbean splendour and irresistible old-world charm.
Tayrona National Park is a nature escape that seems to have it all, from perfect beaches and mountain backdrops to wildlife-filled jungle.
Admire the colonial-era architecture of Barichara – this little gem is widely considered Colombia's prettiest town. Get lost on the cobblestone streets or head to nearby San Gil – a hotspot for adventure sports.
Head to a local factory supporting women in work and keeping alive a traditional paper-making method by using the natural fibres of the Andean fique plant.
Stay in the vibrant Chapinero neighbourhood in Bogota, one of the most culturally diverse parts of town.
Colombia enjoys a stable year-round climate, but it can get particularly hot and humid on the coast. Be sure to drink plenty of water and wear adequate sun protection.
The hiking in Tayrona Park (Day 4) is one of the highlights, but it’s important to prepare. Bring footwear you can tackle (possible) mud in, and don’t forget your swimming gear for the beaches along the way.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Explore Colombia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 3,4 (Guesthouse) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) in order to purchase Entrance tickets to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
3. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1 in Cartagena. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
4. This trip ends on Day 10 and you are free to leave at any time.
5. In order to comply with tourist regulations set by the Colombian government, a copy of your passport will be required. This will be emailed to our local office in Colombia, your tour leader will assist you with this on day 1.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information