The wonders of Peru and Bolivia await as you walk beneath the Amazon Jungle's lush canopy, trek the llama-filled plains of the Sacred Valley and stroll the cobblestone streets of Cusco on this 15-day journey from Lima to La Paz. Search for monkeys and medicinal plants in the Amazon, tackle the ancient road to Machu Picchu, experience a homestay in a traditional community on the shore of serene Lake Titicaca and finish in La Paz, where indigenous communities continue to form much of the city’s cultural fabric. With the option to see Machu Picchu by trek or by train, plus the expert knowledge of local leaders at all stages of your adventure, the Sacred Land of the Incas will no doubt leave you breathless – in more ways than one.
Dates and availability
1. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you.
If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead (see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/inca-quarry-trail)
The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail. Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
2. Overall we support these changes as they help preserve this invaluable archaeological site. While this somehow restricts the amount of time we are now allowed to spend in Machu Picchu, we’ll do all possible to maximize your time there and make sure you have the best possible experience.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 2,3 (Amazon Jungle) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/ 9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness.
5. Some pre-existing medical conditions are known to severely worsen at high altitude and be difficult to adequately treat on the ground, leading to more serious consequences. It is imperative that you discuss your pre-existing medical condition/s with your doctor.
6. We understand certain medications are reported to aid acclimatizing to high altitude. Please discuss these options with your doctor.
7. This trip starts in Lima on Day 1 at 2pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Lima.
This trip finishes at 11 am upon arrival in La Paz on Day 15.
8. Most hotels in highlands should have oxygen cylinders available, however, you may be asked to pay surcharge for use of oxygen longer than 5 - 10 min at the time.
9. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
10. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating