Take a wild ride through the heart of Central America – a place of diverse culture, bustling streets laden with delicious food and friendly locals, and a deep history of Maya civilisation and modern religion. Take a 15-day trip starting on Lake Nicaragua, surrounded by active volcanoes. Visit the first and largest national park in the country at Masaya Volcano, and then explore the city of Leon at your own pace. Hit the black coastal sands of El Tunco in Honduras, then enjoy a spot of bird watching in El Salvador. Learn to make some local favourites in a cooking class and then explore the Copan ruins – an impressive UNESCO World Heritage site. Hit the colourful markets of the Guatemalan Highlands and ride on a traditional chicken bus – the source of pride for many locals in Quetzaltenango. Learn about the history and pull of the deity San Simon and find all the hidden gems in Antigua before enjoying a scenic boat ride on Lake Atitlan.
Dates and availability
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1 in Granada. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please be careful when booking flights to Granada; make sure you fly to Managua - Augusto C. Sandino International Airport [MGA]. Managua’s Airport is the closest airport to Granada. Please do not book flights to Granada Airport [GRX] as this is in Spain.
4. Please be careful when booking flights from Antigua; make sure you fly from Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do not book flights from Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
5. As per updated Nicaragua entry requirements, customers are currently required to supply a copy of their passport front page to their booking agent no later than 15 days prior to departure.
6. Should you have any questions or need assistance with the Honduras pre-registration, your leader will be able to assist on Day 1 of your tour. For more information, visit the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the ‘Essential Trip Information.’