This 26-day adventure covers all of South America's most iconic sights, with a local leader to show you the way and plenty of free time to choose your own adventure. Go wildlife-spotting in the heart of the Amazon jungle, where you’ll float and trek among anacondas and caimans, walk in the footsteps of the Inca (or alternatively, take a leisurely train ride) to Machu Picchu – one of the Seven Wonders of the World, marvel at Bolivia's mind-bending salt flats in Salar de Uyuni, stay on the floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca in a unique homestay experience and sip a glass of malbec in atmospheric Buenos Aires. With locals to show you the secret hotspots and fellow travellers your own age, this trip has all the opportunities of an epic adventure!
Dates and availability
1. Very Important - In order to obtain the necessary permit to trek the Inca Trail, we must be provided with accurate details of the passport to be used whilst travelling in Peru. If the name, passport number, nationality or date of birth shown on the permit are different from the passport, park authorities will refuse entry. If passport details have not been supplied, the permit cannot be issued. When we are unable to secure the "Classic Trail", our groups take the "Inca Quarry Trek".
2. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the 'Passport and Visa' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2,3 (Amazon Lodge) Day 12 (Homestay) Days 17,18 (Dormitory) and Day 22 (Overnight bus) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. This trip is a combination of two of our most popular departures. As such the make up of the group and the tour leader may change on Day 15.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
6. While hiking the 4 Day Inca Trail or the 3 Day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
7. In addition to a Traveler’s Affidavit, and health insurance, entry into Chile currently requires submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel or proof of a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 30 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/
8. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
9.We highly recommend you take US Dollars with you to Argentina and change it locally. While ATMs are widely available, there is a daily limit for withdrawals and the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Filter by rating