Take the whole family on an action-packed tour of Morocco
Imagine a country with the charisma of Europe, the passion of Africa and the charm of the Middle East. A place where ancient cultures are intertwined with dramatic landscapes and time-worn medinas give a glimpse into imperial cities of the past. Now, the whole family can fall under Morocco’s spell on an action-packed adventure from magical Marrakech to the old pirate port of Essaouira, covering everything from camel-clad deserts to pristine beaches along the way. So whether it’s in spice-infused back alleys, among crumbling Roman ruins or below the snow-capped Atlas Mountains – the allure of Morocco will prove impossible to ignore.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
Morocco is a real feast for the senses. Sip sweet mint tea in rural villages, see goats climbing trees in the desert, and tap your foot to traditional Berber musicians in Marrakech
Adventure into the Atlas Mountains and stay with a berber family for an insight into traditional Moroccan life.
With French, Portuguese and Jewish influences, Essaouira is about as exotic as it gets. Feast on fresh-caught seafood, explore unique art galleries and be dazzled by a blue-specked townscape
Witness the magnificent rolling waves of the Atlantic ocean from the back of a camel
A camel trek along the Atlantic Ocean (Day 5) is a highlight of the trip for many travellers. But if you'd rather not ride a camel, you can always walk alongside the camels instead. It's a gentle, relaxing walk of about an hour each way.
The walk to the Berber homestay in the High Atlas Mountains can be hard in some places. Please talk to your leader if you would like to opt to travel on the back of a mule for this portion of the trip.
Summer temperatures in Morocco can get very hot. If you're travelling in the warmer months, be sure to wear layers, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. Nights can get quite cold, so warm clothes are essential.
There are some long travelling days on this trip as we cover a great deal of land. The road to the High Atlas Mountains is very windy, please take this into consideration if you or your child suffer from motion sickness.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Morocco Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 2 (Aroumd) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. While Wi-Fi is available in our hotels it is important to note that wi-fi works best in the hotel foyer and will be very slow in the rooms. An easier option may be to purchase a SIM card in Morocco to stay connected.
6. Ramadan is an exciting time to travel through Morocco but there are also a few things to bear in mind. Meal times will be a lot later than you may be used to, in particular dinner. You will find restaurants will open at 7–7.30 pm in the evening for dinner. Which will mean your family may not be eating dinner until 8–8.30 pm. Likewise breakfast may not start until 7 am. As you travel through the countryside there will be limited small road side cafes to stop at. Your leader will pre-plan where to stop to ensure families have access to snacks and bathroom stops along the way. Morocco is a Muslim country therefore alcohol is not readily available, particularly during Ramadan.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information