From the Pacific to the Atlantic, this South American adventure ticks all the right boxes
This trip is designed for those with a truly adventurous spirit! Snap trick photos at Bolivia's dream-like Uyuni Salt Flats, chase waterfalls at Iguaza Falls and stroll the streets of Buenos Aires. By the time you arrive at the sandy beaches of Rio, you’ll have experienced the major highlights and many surprises of this vast and wonderful continent.
Some of our under-30 travellers prefer to get around with people their own age. If that’s you, you’re in the right place!
Over 29? We’ve got over 900 other great adventures to choose from for solo travellers, friends, families, food lovers, hiking enthusiasts, and more.
Travel solo, together
You're never alone when travelling solo with Intrepid
Get amongst the weird and wonderful in La Paz, from the strange brews of the witches’ market to the tasty treats of Mercado Lanza.
Ever dreamt of walking on water? Now’s your chance. Kind of. The sprawling salt lakes of Bolivia serve up some seriously mind-bending photo ops.
The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll be able to see it from both sides.
The heaving, metropolis of Rio de Janeiro is a great way to end the trip. Party down with the locals and experience a culture at the beating heart of Brazil.
The weather in this region can be extreme.
Due to the high altitude of many of places visited on this trip, some people can suffer from altitude sickness. Please read the 'Medical and Health Information' section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 3,4 (Dormitory ) and Day 8 (Overnight bus) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. While there will be one leader for every 16 travelers, there may be more than 50 travelers joining you on this experience.
3. Please note the order and days of the activities may change depending on availability.
4. This trip starts with a Welcome Meeting at 6pm. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
5. There are no activities on the final day & you are free to depart anytime.
6. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border.
7. Please note you may require a Brazilian Visa for this trip. Processing can take around 2-5 weeks at the discretion of the embassy or consulate. Please speak with your travel agent well in advance for further advice.
8. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please read the following document carefully:
9. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
10. In addition to a Traveler’s Affidavit, and health insurance, entry into Chile currently requires submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel or proof of a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 30 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information