The magical kingdom of Bhutan in the Himalayas is nestled between two spiritual hubs, Tibet and India, and is one of Asia’s best-kept secrets. On this active adventure, you’ll discover there is no better way to explore it than on foot as you hike through a country with so much protected forest, it absorbs more carbon than it uses. Feel closer to enlightenment as you hike along the newly restored Trans Bhutan Trail which will immerse you in the past, present and future of this mystical destination. Uncover Bhutan’s rich cultural heritage on a journey that explores its forested valleys, fortified monasteries and sacred mountains on two feet and discover the beauty of its people, landscape and culture with a local leader who will help you unlock its secrets.
Dates and availability
1. Complimentary airport arrival and departure transfers are included. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Entry to Bhutan is very strict and travellers can only enter Bhutan on a group visa as part of a tour. All travellers must arrive on Day 1 and depart on Day 10 to be eligible for a group visa. At time of booking, please provide your booking agent with a scanned colour copy of your passport, a scanned colour passport photo, proof of travel insurance that includes your name on the certificate.
4. The Sustainable Development Fee, charged by the government of Bhutan, is included in your trip price.
5. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport). Fees may apply for adding or amending details within 60 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
6. Bhutan's airlines are renowned for last minute changes to flight timetables into and out of Bhutan. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours transit time before and after your flights into and out of Bhutan. Timetables are available on the Druk Airlines and Air Bhutan websites.
7. If you have booked additional accommodation and transfers in Kathmandu, please see the ‘Passports, visas and entry requirements’ section of the Essential Trip Information for details regarding visas and arrival in Nepal.
Filter by rating