Experience adventure the active way on this family trip through Vietnam
Discover a different side of a much-loved country on this activity-focused trip through the northern half of Vietnam. Encompassing cycling excursions, guided walking tours, kayaking expeditions and two nights of boating on Halong Bay, this trip is bound to get the blood pumping and the family bonding. Starting in Hanoi, uncover Vietnam's landmark attractions on a city cycling tour, and sit down to lunch at an initiative geared towards helping street children. Savour the picturesque countryside of rural Vietnam during a two-day ride from Luong Song to stunning Ninh Binh, cruise the waters of Halong Bay by junk boat and kayak, and explore charming Hoi An and its surrounds by bike and foot. This is an adventure for families who like spending their down time getting up and at it.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh
Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you and your family to access places the junk boats can't. Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close
Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality
Be romanced by the well-preserved architecture, welcoming atmosphere and superb eateries of Hoi An
The weather in Vietnam can be hot and sticky, particularly during the monsoon seasons, so ensure that you pack accordingly. Please be sure to pack sunscreen and a hat, especially for wearing when out kayaking in Halong Bay.
In order to see as much as possible, this trip involves some long journeys, including by overnight train where the amenities are shared and basic. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight...
On Days 3 and 4 we cover up to 60kms/37 miles on the bike so a good level of fitness is required.
On Day 3 our accommodation for the evening is a local homestay where you and your family will sleep on mattresses in a communal room. Bedding and mosquito nets are provided. Shared toilet and bathroom facilities are basic.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Vietnam Family Holiday with Teenagers trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age: 10 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport), for internal flights and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 3 (Homestay), Day 5 (Halong Bay) and Day 6 (Overnight Train), where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6.This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm on Day 1 in Hanoi. This trip ends on Day 9 and you are free to leave at any time.
7. Tet is Vietnam's New Year festival, held annually in late January or early February based on the lunar calendar. While this can be a fascinating time to travel and experience this event, expect some shop closures and busier than usual local transport. Opening hours at some tourist sites may also be affected or closed. Although we make all reasonable efforts to avoid disruption, a flexible approach from the traveler is appreciated.
8. During the rainy months (approx. June to October), our mode of transport can be changed at short notice due to weather conditions.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information