Get ready for an adventure of epic proportions – the best of New Zealand is waiting! Spend 17 days discovering the South Island and North Island with the guidance of a passionate local leader. See the innovative ways Christchurch has rebuilt post-quake, get to know the adventure capital of the world in Queenstown and experience the natural beauty of Franz Josef. Cross the Cook Strait and hang out in delightful Wellington, hop between beaches on the Coromandel Peninsula, learn about local culture at a Maori village and check out the geothermal wonders of Rotorua. From spectacular scenery to fascinating culture, New Zealand is sure to leave you in awe.
Accommodation on this trip is in mixed-gender multi-share dormitory style hostels with shared facilities. We are aware of a system functionality limitation incorrectly indicating "twin-share" when you manage your booking on our website.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Christchurch on Day 1 at 8am. You will depart the city immediately after the welcome meeting. This trip ends on Day 17 in Auckland and you are free to leave at any time.
2. Accommodation on this trip is in multi-share hostels. Multishare typically includes 4-8 beds. You may be required to share with group members of a different gender, couples and non-Intrepid travellers outside of your group. People travelling together may occasionally be separated due to rooming configurations.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. If you are a single traveller this will give you a single room, if you are travelling as a couple a double room will be allocated to you. The single supplement excludes Day 12 (Murupara) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. This trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
5. This trip is operated and run by Haka Tours, an Intrepid Company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Haka customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Haka Tours to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time in New Zealand.
6. We recommend booking optional activities in advance. Please contact your booking agent if there are any you would like to add to your trip.
Filter by rating