- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
get one FREE
Up to 20% OFF
AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic adventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Nau + Intrepid
Travel GiveawayEnter to win
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Discover Lombok Overview
Visit Indonesia's tropical playground of Lombok Island
Immerse yourself in the amazing scenery, rich culture and incredible diversity of Indonesia's tropical Lombok island. Get off the beaten track as you spend time in rural villages, take a variety of transportation, meet lots of locals and discover the fascinating Sasak culture. From chilling out in cultural Ubud and the tranquil hill retreat of Tetebatu, to savouring views of the highly revered Mt Rinjani and relaxing on the magical Gili Islands - once you travel to Indonesia, you won't ever want to leave!
Discover Lombok SummaryAdd to Shortlist
Bali's artistic centre overflows with artisans selling handicrafts, woodcarvings and metalwork. Arrive early to browse their wares, visit nearby villages or explore the surrounding Indonesian countryside by bicycle. Perhaps visit the eccentric Blanco Renaissance Museum, investigate Ubud's monkey forest or discover the lively restaurant scene.
Stock up on snacks from food hawkers and travel to Lombok by ferry. Catch a bemo to the peaceful hill retreat of Tetebatu, famed for its great views of the magnificent Mt Rinjani. Visit the local village of Pringgasela, learn about traditional weaving and enjoy a delicious Sasak feast.
Wake before dawn for great views of sunrise over Mt Rinjani. After a short cidomo (horse-drawn cart) ride and a spot of shopping at the market, head to the village of Limbungan for a lunch stop. Here, gain culinary bragging rights and sample fried grasshopper - washed down with a steaming pot of locally grown coffee. Travel onwards to the small village of Senaru and spend the night nestled between Mt Rinjani and the steamy jungles of Lombok.
Stretch those legs on a walk to the Sindang Gila waterfall before taking a boat to the laidback island of Gili Air. Laze on the isolated shores, learn to scuba dive or spot turtles and reef sharks while snorkelling. In the evenings, feast upon scrumptious buffet dinners of fresh seafood, local produce and fruity cocktails.
Enjoy a final day being spoilt by this idyllic tropical paradise. Lie with a book on pristine Gili beaches or maybe choose to island-hop to the nearby Gili Trawangan or Gili Meno. Before the sun sets, head back to the mainland where a farewell dinner will mark the end of this relaxing Lombok adventure.
What's included in this trip
Treasures of Asia 20% OFF Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia & Timor
1. To receive the 20% discount you must quote promo code 10184 at the time of booking.
2. The discount is only valid on the following selection of trips:
TPST Timor - Leste
TTRO Essential Thailand
TTZF Bite Size Break - Thailand
TZZZC Phuket Sailing Adventure
TTSL Philippine Discovery
TISL Discover Lombok
TMSA Best of Malaysia
TMKB Classic Borneo
3. The offer applies to bookings made between 1ST June – 15th July for travel commencing on or prior to 15th December 2013
4. The discounts can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will the discounts be applied to existing bookings.
5. A deposit of AUD/NZD/USD/CAD/CHF250, GBP150, EUR200 and ZAR2000 is required at the time of booking. For those not residing in the above mentioned countries a deposit of USD$250 is required.
6. Full payment is required no later than 15th July 2013 or within 60 days to departure whichever comes first. If full payment is not received at this time it could jeopardise the status of your booking.
7. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
8. The 20% discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offers.
9. The discount can be applied to land only bookings, and cannot be applied to airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements or visas etc.
10. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked, and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. The most up to date Booking Conditions are accessible at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
11. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. Please see the Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
12. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
13. Trip prices and itineraries are subject to change at any time, including after booking. If there is a significant price change to a trip that is outside the control of Intrepid Travel (for example a significant increase in third party service provider costs), travellers may need to be re-invoiced at the new price. Promotions & discounts will still apply to the new price.
Travellers who experienced this trip have rated it…
99% of travellers say they would travel with us again.