Let Myanmar bewitch you with its beguiling mix of ancient temples, floating markets, magical cities and more.
Travel to Myanmar and discover a country of mythical landscapes, ancient treasures and some of the friendliest folk you’ll ever meet. From the glittering spires of Shwedagon Pagoda, and the ancient temples of Bagan, to the tranquillity of Inle Lake and the lively atmosphere of Mandalay, Myanmar will excite, impress and intrigue you. Full of rarely seen sights and stories just waiting to be told, come and experience the magic of Myanmar.
Begin a Myanmar discovery with the symbolic and iconic Shwedagon Pagoda, a magnificent glittering temple crowning Yangon
Experience the incredible sight of Bagan’s sea of temples and explore the best of 4,000 temples and monasteries
Enjoy an afternoon cruise to Mingun, and visit the world's largest pagoda, then return to watch the sunset over the Ayeryarwady River
Soak up the tranquillity of Inle Lake and sample the hospitality of the Shan people, one of many groups that contribute to the ethnic diversity of this colourful country
If you would like to climb or enter the temples in and around Bagan, please be aware you will need to remove your footwear and socks. In addition, some of the temple steps are very steep, and without railings, so caution will need to be exercised.
This trip includes half a day walking around Indein village at Inle Lake. You will walk on uneven tracks to a Shan tribal village. Total walking time is around 5 hours, but this will depend on fitness and wishes of the group, and weather.
To save time on this trip there are 3 internal flights. Please note these are likely to be on smaller aircraft.
Travel drive from Mandalay to Bagan (approximately 5 hours) by private vehicle, to save time transiting at airports, and so you can relax and watch the scenery.
The heat and humidity between March and October can be very intense. Your local leader will adjust activities to suit the local conditions and the needs of the group, however be prepared for the heat and the rain during this time of year and pack accordingly.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Myanmar trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please provide passport details at time of booking with exact name as per passport. these are essential for booking services on this trip.
2. An airport arrival transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at time of booking or up to 15 days prior to departure.
3. A Single Supplement to have your own room is available on this trip and includes all nights.
4. Intrepid can assist with booking an optional sunrise balloon ride over the Bagan (operating October to March). Please see Days 6-7 for full details of this activity. Places are limited and we recommend that you book in advance with your booking agent.
5. Bagan included Lunch 9th April and 16th April departures (TTKA170409, TTKA170416): Please note that the Sanon Restaurant visited on Day 6 will be closed over Thingyan. The included lunch will be at an alternative restaurant of equivalent standard.
Our Classic Myanmar trips score an average of 4.64 out of 5 based on 55 reviews in the last year.
This trip was about right to gain and understanding of Myanmar and its people. The main attractions in the central and northern part of the country. Burmese hospitality is legendary and one will not be disappointed.
Review submitted 08 May 2017
This was a reasonably paced trip suitable for the older traveller. The tour guide was excellent, the Myanmar people friendly and the activities interesting.
Review submitted 21 Apr 2017