Explore Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand on two wheels
Exercise the body and the mind with a leg pumping, eye-opening cycling tour of Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Enjoy a different perspective as you bike through the limestone cliffs of north Vietnam, along rock-face hugging passes down the stunning coast and on to buzzing Ho Chi Minh City. Take dusty roads through rural villages in Cambodia, exploring nature-strewn ruins and spending time with locals, before finishing up in frenetic Bangkok. Work up an appetite and reward yourself with the delicious dishes the overflow in the streets – the pho in Vietnam, the fish curry in Cambodia and pad thai in Bangkok. Shift your adventure into a higher gear with a journey that takes you to the highlights of Southeast Asia.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just £99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Explore South East Asia over 27 days on this speedy but comprehensive adventure
See the region as you’ve never seen it before - from the seat of a bicycle. Cycling is the ultimate way get off the beaten track
Work up an appetite for Southeast Asia's famously delicious local and regional food
Get among nature, wildlife, small villages and ancient ruins, as well as the region's most lively cities
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
You’ll be cycling for up to 70 kilometres per day on varied terrain – this trip is for the reasonably fit.
The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rain storm, which may require a change of plans.
This trip is a combination of 2 grand cycling adventures, the first from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, and the second from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. Please be aware that your leader, group, and bike will change in Ho Chi Minh City on Day 15.
1. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for train tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 3 (Homestay), Day 5 (Overnight Train) and Day 16 (Homestay) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.Please note that some room configurations have two single beds, although a double bed will always be requested.
3. Please provide your height at time of booking so that we can ensure a suitable sized bike is arranged.
4. Please see your Trip Notes if your departure takes place during Tet, usually in late January/early February. Although we do our best to run trips during Tet as per the scheduled itinerary, it is likely that there will be some changes to transport, accommodation or order of destinations visited.
5. Whilst bicycle helmets are not compulsory in Vietnam, Intrepid cyclists must wear a quality helmet at all times while riding in Vietnam. Good quality helmets are not available in Vietnam so make sure you bring yours from home.
6. During the group meeting, your trip leader will ask you if you would like to contribute to the snack kitty. Please refer to the ETIs Money Matters section for the cost. This would be used to purchase extra supplies of snacks, including nuts and other energy packed goodies. It is not a compulsory kitty, although will make the purchasing of snacks easier and more convenient for you. You can find out more information from your leader upon arrival.
7. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1 in Hanoi. This trip ends on Day 27 and you are free to leave at any time.
8. Cambodia Visa - as of 19 Sept 2022 the standard 'e-visa' for Cambodia is not valid at this border crossing. Travellers of all nationalities must apply for a 'visa-on-arrival' at the Phnom Den border.”
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information