Experience adventure the active way on this family trip through Vietnam
Discover a different side of a much-loved country on this activity-focused trip through the northern half of Vietnam. Encompassing cycling excursions, guided walking tours, kayaking expeditions and two nights of boating on Halong Bay, this trip is bound to get the blood pumping and the family bonding. Starting in Hanoi, uncover Vietnam's landmark attractions on a city cycling tour, and sit down to lunch at an initiative geared towards helping street children. Savour the picturesque countryside of rural Vietnam during a two-day ride from Luong Song to stunning Ninh Binh, cruise the waters of Halong Bay by junk boat and kayak, and explore charming Hoi An and its surrounds by bike and foot. This is an adventure for families who like spending their down time getting up and at it.
Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh
Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you to access places the junk boats can't. Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close
Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality
Be romanced by the well-preserved architecture, welcoming atmosphere and superb eateries of Hoi An
Our visit to Hoi An includes a bicycle tour of the surrounding countryside. Although the ride isn’t strenuous, you will need a basic level of fitness to take part.
The weather in Vietnam can be hot and sticky, particularly during the monsoon seasons, so ensure that you pack accordingly. Please be sure to pack sunscreen and a hat, especially for wearing when out kayaking in Halong Bay.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2019 - 31 December 2019
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Vietnam Family Holiday with teenagers trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. CHILD DISCOUNT: A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children aged 17 years and under at time of travel.
3. Minimum age on this tour is 10 years old.
4. Passport Details: Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport), for internal flights and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. A single supplement is available on this trip with exception of Day 3 (Homestay) and Days 5 & 6 (Halong Bay).
Our Vietnam Family Holiday with teenagers trips score an average of 4.91 out of 5 based on 23 reviews in the last year.
We loved this trip! The tour guide "B" was an absolute treasure! The trip was fast paced but a good combo of activity/culture and downtime for kids and adults. We learned so much about the country from B and through the experiences. Bike riding through the mountain towns and rice patties is something I'll never forget. My daughter loved staying in the homestead that we called the giant tree house. Everywhere we went the people were very gracious and accommodating. We made friends for life on this trip!
Review submitted 27 Aug 2018