Take a ten-day road trip from the glitzy hub of Las Vegas to the trendy San Francisco, stopping at national parks, deep canyons, fascinating landscapes and small towns along the way. Start with Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon hikes, kayak across Lake Powell, discover the iconic Monument Valley with a Navajo guide then hit the famed Grand Canyon for an epic sunset and a walk along the rim. Visit the Kelso Dunes and hear them sing, then visit the towering sequoias – some of the oldest trees on Earth! Your last stop is the incredibly diverse lands of Yosemite National Park, where you’ll stargaze with a local naturalist and walk the best trails with an expert trip leader.
Dates and availability
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8 am on Day 1 in Las Vegas. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. On the final day, this trip finishes at approximately 3 pm on arrival in San Francisco. You will be dropped at the location listed in the Essential Trip Information. If departing this day, please do not book any flights before 8 pm.
3. There is no accommodation included in Las Vegas the night before the trip starts. If you wish to spend more time in Las Vegas, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
4. There is no accommodation included in San Francisco on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in San Francisco, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. During the months of November and December we are often unable to kayak on Lake Powell. Instead we will explore Peekaboo Canyon or Antelope Canyon by foot instead.