Explore South America on this 31-day tour. Take the road less travelled from sky-high La Paz to party-ready Rio de Janeiro, stopping along the way to see the mind-bending Uyani Salt Flat, follow your rhythm in Buenos Aires, ride horses on a Uruguayan estancia and wonder at the incredible power of Iguazu Falls. This overland adventure is big on freedom – your local leader will give you insider info, your group will provide the company of curious, like-minded travellers, and then you decide how you want to spend your days.
Dates and availability
1. This trip is a combination of two of our most popular tours. As such, the make up of your group and your tour leader may change on Day 14 and Day 24.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2, 20 (Overnight bus), Days 7, 8 (Dormitory) and Days 17, 18, 19 (Estancia) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. United States citizens need a visa to enter Bolivia and we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border.
Please see the ‘Passports and visas’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
4. Please note you may require a Brazilian Visa for this trip. Processing can take around 2–5 weeks at the discretion of the embassy or consulate.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally, on certain trips they are needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
Please be aware that while hiking the Inca trek or the Quarry trek that you may be joined by passengers from other Intrepid groups.