- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
›You are hereHome›Project SAMA’s Progress
Project SAMA’s Progress
Project SAMA has two goals - Advocacy and Fundraising. We aim to raise awareness around the issues of gender inequality, and secondly we aim to raise funds for projects around the world that address these inequalities.
Year 1 - 2012
Target - $60, 000AUD
We are thrilled to report that, through the generosity of the Intrepid community - and with Intrepid also kicking in some cash - we were able to reach our first fundraising target of $60,000. These funds were directed to our Project SAMA’s first Early Learning Project in Laos. This project is run by Plan and so far they have:
- Engaged with 845 parents through parenting education to improve their knowledge and skills;
- Trained 62 teachers on child-friendly teaching and learning approaches that support all areas of child ---development;
- Played an active role in the development of the National Holistic Early Childhood Development Policy;
- Supported the Ministry of Education in its teacher training curricula;
- Supported 50 early childhood centres in the most remote communities of Laos;
- Assisted 1,542 children from ethnic minority groups to access school.
Year 2 - 2013
Advocacy goal – Reach 10,000 people about the issue of Gender Equality
Fundraising Goal - $100, 000 for the 11 projects we support.
Our progress to date (as of June 2013) is tracking nicely. We’ve run a number of campaigns and held events that have reached over 7000 people on the issue of Gender Equality. We’re also over the halfway mark on reaching our fundraising goal. Check out the upcoming events on our Get Involved page to see how you can help support Project SAMA.