›You are hereHome›South America
Top highlights of South America
- Trek the Inca Trail to the lost city of Machu Picchu
- Explore the mighty Amazon Jungle
- Sample curious coca tea in Cuzco
- Experience Lima's old-world charm
- Journey to the remote Galapagos Islands
- Walk through Bogota's colonial heart
- Enjoy seaside bliss in Santa Marta
- Experience the passion at Rio's Carnival
- Marvel at the legendary Christ the Redeemer statue
- Tango the night away in Buenos Aires
- Trek through the wilds of Patagonia
- Feel the power of the majestic Iguazu Falls
- Sip wine in the vineyards of Mendoza
- Immerse yourself in colourful La Paz
- Discover underground caves in Bonito
- Watch the creaking blue ice at the Perito Moreno Glacier
Travel to South America with Intrepid
La Paz (Bolivia) is the highest capital city in the world
Colourful, candid and everything in between, South America beats to the rhythm of an infectious, eternal drum. Captured in the chaos of Rio's carnival, echoing on Columbia's Caribbean beaches and booming along the peaks of the Andes, an effervescent spirit bursts from every facet of life on this remarkable continent. Pulsing with the energy of a thousand fiestas, the dynamic pace of the South American lifestyle is calmed by remote expanses, lost worlds and ancient cities. From pristine Patagonia, ethereal Galapagos and Peru's famous Machu Picchu, South America bares her soul to those seeking her limitless natural beauty, friendly locals and unmistakable array of colours. Whether it’s the mists of Argentina's Iguazu Falls, the steamy jungles of the Amazon or the famous wines of Chile, this fascinating continent is a treasure trove of unforgettable experiences just waiting to be discovered.
Destinations in South America
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Create your account today to manage your subscriptions and user preferences in one place.
Your travel home online.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.