Imagine a magical place where ancient ruins crumble between lush greenery, rocky cliffs tower out of the Mediterranean Sea below and quaint towns sit perched above the southern coastline – this is Lycia. And this is your chance to explore it all. Spend an unforgettable week walking along the Lycian Way, a path once used by ancient Greeks and Romans, joined by a local leader who will add historical context to all your discoveries. You’ll reach ancient cities like Olympos, Aperlai and Sidyma by foot – your journey through the wilderness, making the ancient ruins that much sweeter to explore. You’ll get your blood pumping and ignite your passion for the outdoors but still enjoy time to rest and rejuvenate between hikes. Think afternoon boat tours on the Mediterranean, cultural activities, traditional meals and sunsets by the water to make sure you're balancing work and play. If you can call scenic hikes to incredible locations work, that is.
Dates and availability
1. Welcome Meeting starts at 6pm on Day 1. On last day, you will reach Fethiye in early afternoon. If you are flying out on this day, please make sure your flight departure is after 4pm.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Your main luggage/bag will be transferred for you to the next destination while you are hiking.
4. Many included hikes would see us reaching the ancient or archaeological sites but note the entrance to the sites is not included in the price of the trip. There will be time for you to visit those sites at your own cost if you wish so.
5. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - http://www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-alerts
Filter by rating