This trip combines our most comprehensive adventure through Peru with an immersive experience on the Galapagos Islands to become a breathtaking 30-day tour through ancient cities and beautiful landscapes. Cruise deep into the Amazon and spend two nights in jungle lodges, stay with a local family on Lake Titicaca’s floating islands, explore Colca Canyon and reach the famed Inca city of Machu Picchu by trek or train. Just when you think it can’t get any more amazing, prepare to have your mind blown all over on the Galapagos Islands. Encounter colourful, bizarre and beautiful wildlife and traverse volcanic landscapes. Walk among giant tortoises, hike to the top of a volcano on Isla Isabela and fall in love with sea lions.
Dates and availability
1. Ecuador has implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for entry to the country, including special conditions for Galapagos. Please refer to your government's foreign travel advice for the most up to date information.
2.A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Days 17,18 (Jungle Lodge) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you. If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead.The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
Should you choose not to hike at all, please inform in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without prior warning, local fees may apply.
4. A Galapagos Transit Card fee of $20 is payable on departure from Quito Airport (or whichever airport in Ecuador you are flying to the Galapagos). The Galapagos park fee ($100) and Isabela Port fee ($10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment. When booking, please ensure that your details are correct and they match your passport details; as it could cause issues with your transit card and internal flights resulting in purchasing a new card and flights at your own expense.
5. Please note that from June to August the water is rougher than usual. Consequently travel times will be longer than usual. If you suffer from seasickness you may want to reconsider travelling during this period.
6. Some of the hotels in the Galapagos do have internet connections however it's often very slow and and may not always be functional.
7. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees & Permits for certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
8. While hiking the 4 Day Inca Trail or the 3 Day Quarry Trail portion, you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
9. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness.
10. This trip starts at 4pm on day 1. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation. Earliest departure time at the end of this tour is anytime on day 30.
11. Most hotels in highlands should have oxygen cylinders available. However you may be asked to pay surcharge for use of oxygen longer than 5 - 10 min at the time.
12. From Jan 23rd 2022, the Peruvian government has enforced new regulations around movements in the country and access to public indoor venues by requiring anybody over 40 to show evidence of a booster shot. This includes domestic flights, trains, and going to restaurants, museums, banks, shops etc. We strongly advise you to book and complete your booster dose before your trip so that this new regulation won’t impact your experience and enjoyment in travelling in Peru.
13. Depending on the time of year, and flight availability, your Lima-Quito flight may depart in the very early hours of the morning to ensure you arrive in time for the welcome meeting. Please speak to your booking agent to confirm what time your flight is noting that the flight is purchased 30 days before departure.
Filter by rating