- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
Up to 15%
OFF AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic AdventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
EpicFind out more
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Meet Vivian Wang - China
To an outsider, it sounds like a bit of a holiday – what are the realities of life on the road?
The role of group leader is like that of an orchestra conductor. We need to ensure our passengers enjoy real experiences and provide the best customer service and local interaction, but also to manage relationships with our suppliers and partners. It’s not really a holiday!
What led you to becoming a leader?
I love to travel and gain new insights into local culture and history. As a good leader, it's important to have a good personality and be willing to listen and learn from other people.
What is the most special thing about the region you lead in?
The Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, home to more than 6,000 warriors with different facial expressions and appearance.
What is your favourite travel memory?
I took passengers to join a Christmas Day celebration in 2010. We joined lots of locals playing games in the park and walked around the main street with thousands more people. Lots of Chinese people wanted pictures with my group! Everyone said this was the best experience - one they never expected.
What tip would you give to someone who’s seeking ‘real life experience’ while travelling?
“When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Don't be afraid of the local language and be brave to try some new things – like getting up early to practice tai chi with locals in the park.
Subscribe to Newsletters
- To get knowledge of, learn of, or become aware of, gain sight or knowledge, something previously unseen, unknown or unexpected
- Learn, realise, find out
- Travelling is the ultimate way to discover a new perspective.
- Astonishing; impressive
- Bewildering, astounding, beyond belief
The Serengeti - home to the most eye-popping orange sunsets.
- An instinctive impulse to roam or travel about
- Itchy feet, travel bug
There is no known cure for wanderlust.
- The capacity to endure.
- Supportable, maintainable, ecological
Since opening doors in 1989, Intrepid has had a firm commitment to sustainable travel.
- The act, process, or manner of growing; development;
- Development, evolution, progress
The travel industry has experienced significant growth since travellers started seeking real life experiences.
- New; original; relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas
- Ground-breaking, pioneering, inventive
Innovative developments in online travel have made it easier for travellers to research their dream destination.
- Affected with or dominated by passion or vehement emotion
- Fervent, enthusiastic, avid
The local guide at Angkor Wat was passionate about sharing the history of his heritage.
- Soundness of moral principle and character
- Honesty, truth, honour
Our local operators believe in maintaining the integrity of tourism in their region.
- Enjoyment; amusement
- Exuberance, joy, entertainment
Travellers flock to Thailand for fun in the sun.
- Fearless; adventurous; dauntless
- Brave, courageous, bold
Shackleton was one of the world’s most intrepid travellers.