- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
get one FREE
Up to 20% OFF
AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic adventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Nau + Intrepid
Travel GiveawayEnter to win
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Meet Rose Gathoni Wanjiku - Kenya
There is one thing that is so special when leading trips in Kenya and Tanzania - you are sure that clients will see locals in their real life.
Is there one ‘real life experience’ that stands out for you?
Visiting the Maasai village at Loita is one that stands out for me. My passengers get to meet the Maasai people and discover their real way of life. It's just amazing.
What is the most special thing about the region you lead in?
There is one thing that is so special when leading trips in Kenya and Tanzania - you are sure that clients will see locals in their real life and they will still see lots of animals both in the Masai Mara region and in the Serengeti.
What is your favourite travel destination and why?
The Serengeti National Park. Our campsites are in the middle of the park and animals do visit campsites at night. The noises made by the animals at night top it all.
If I were hungry in your region, where would you take me to eat?
I would take you to a local restaurant where they serve local meals - you don't get to enjoy this type of food every day!
Any famous/interesting passengers or anecdotes?
It's always the very first time passengers see a wild animal. We are usually at the start of trip and they will all get out of their seats and shout ZEBRA! But by the last day they are usually much more relaxed about it.
Subscribe to Newsletters
- To get knowledge of, learn of, or become aware of, gain sight or knowledge, something previously unseen, unknown or unexpected
- Learn, realise, find out
- Travelling is the ultimate way to discover a new perspective.
- Astonishing; impressive
- Bewildering, astounding, beyond belief
The Serengeti - home to the most eye-popping orange sunsets.
- An instinctive impulse to roam or travel about
- Itchy feet, travel bug
There is no known cure for wanderlust.
- The capacity to endure.
- Supportable, maintainable, ecological
Since opening doors in 1989, Intrepid has had a firm commitment to sustainable travel.
- The act, process, or manner of growing; development;
- Development, evolution, progress
The travel industry has experienced significant growth since travellers started seeking real life experiences.
- New; original; relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas
- Ground-breaking, pioneering, inventive
Innovative developments in online travel have made it easier for travellers to research their dream destination.
- Affected with or dominated by passion or vehement emotion
- Fervent, enthusiastic, avid
The local guide at Angkor Wat was passionate about sharing the history of his heritage.
- Soundness of moral principle and character
- Honesty, truth, honour
Our local operators believe in maintaining the integrity of tourism in their region.
- Enjoyment; amusement
- Exuberance, joy, entertainment
Travellers flock to Thailand for fun in the sun.
- Fearless; adventurous; dauntless
- Brave, courageous, bold
Shackleton was one of the world’s most intrepid travellers.