- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
EpicFind out more
Up to 15%
OFF AsiaFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
competitionFind out how to enter
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Au PairsFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Meet Ignacio Gonzales - Peru
What do you enjoy the most about being a group leader?
From everyone I meet I learn a little and it teaches me to see life differently. I have made so many friends.
What is the most special thing about the region you lead in?
Beyond the beautiful archaeological sites, the most interesting thing is our people and culture. We have over 10 000 years of history and our people have developed in different ways depending on where they live. The people of the coast, highlands and jungle are all quite different, and it is the same for people in northern, central and southern Peru.
What is your favourite travel destination and why?
I love the jungle - its smell, sound, heat, rivers and how green it is. I think heaven would look very similar.
What tip would you give to someone who’s seeking ‘real life experience’ while travelling?
Try to keep all of your senses open and be willing to have new experiences.
If I were hungry in your region, where would you take me to eat?
To Tipon, a small town where every house has a clay oven where Guinea pigs are baked! Or I would take you to Las Delicias, a local restaurant where you can have the best Adobo (a soup of pork in corn beer).
Subscribe to Newsletters
- To get knowledge of, learn of, or become aware of, gain sight or knowledge, something previously unseen, unknown or unexpected
- Learn, realise, find out
- Travelling is the ultimate way to discover a new perspective.
- Astonishing; impressive
- Bewildering, astounding, beyond belief
The Serengeti - home to the most eye-popping orange sunsets.
- An instinctive impulse to roam or travel about
- Itchy feet, travel bug
There is no known cure for wanderlust.
- The capacity to endure.
- Supportable, maintainable, ecological
Since opening doors in 1989, Intrepid has had a firm commitment to sustainable travel.
- The act, process, or manner of growing; development;
- Development, evolution, progress
The travel industry has experienced significant growth since travellers started seeking real life experiences.
- New; original; relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas
- Ground-breaking, pioneering, inventive
Innovative developments in online travel have made it easier for travellers to research their dream destination.
- Affected with or dominated by passion or vehement emotion
- Fervent, enthusiastic, avid
The local guide at Angkor Wat was passionate about sharing the history of his heritage.
- Soundness of moral principle and character
- Honesty, truth, honour
Our local operators believe in maintaining the integrity of tourism in their region.
- Enjoyment; amusement
- Exuberance, joy, entertainment
Travellers flock to Thailand for fun in the sun.
- Fearless; adventurous; dauntless
- Brave, courageous, bold
Shackleton was one of the world’s most intrepid travellers.