Experience one of the highlights of trekking in Nepal – the Annapurna Sanctuary
From ancient kingdoms to majestic mountain vistas, trek through the breathtaking Himalayan landscape of the Annapurna Ranges. Pass awe-inspiring glaciers, stay on the banks of pristine rivers, cross mountain pastures, dip into natural hot springs and encounter mule trains carrying supplies to remote villages. Rest and revive in cosy mountain teahouses and meet friendly locals along the way. Time spent in Kathmandu and Pokhara completes the adventure with insights into Nepali culture and tradition.
Save a space on your 2019 trip with only a R1250 deposit until 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
Trek to both Machhapuchhre and Annapurna Base Camps
Explore Fewa Lake and gaze at snow capped peaks in Pokhara
Witness the sunrise over Annapurna from Poon Hill
- You’ll be accompanied by an experienced trek leader along with assistant guides and porters, who will not only give you all the support and guidance you need along the way, but also introduce you to the rich local Sherpa culture.
- We operate our treks according to standards that provide respectful, safe and fair working conditions not only in Nepal, but on all our trips globally. For more information on porter welfare, see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/porter-policy
- Have the opportunity to support our partnership with Seven Women by taking part in Urban Adventures in Kathmandu before or after your trek – an organisation that socially and economically empowers marginalised women through literacy programs, skills training and income generation. Donations through The Intrepid Foundation are matched dollar for dollar: https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/seven-women
- There are 10 days of strenuous trekking on this trip. You’ll be trekking up to 8 hours a day and at altitudes over 4000m at times. We can’t underestimate how important it is to be in excellent fitness and health, which means training in the lead up to your trip in order to be best prepared. "Be prepared for stairs....lots & lots of stairs!!! ;) "
- The trekking lodges, known as teahouses, that we stay in on the trek are very simple with only basic facilities. Hot water may not always be available and may cost extra, as will access to electricity points for charging devices. Wifi is available at some locations, but connections may be poor.
- What you need to take will vary depending on the season you are trekking in and it’s important to be prepared. See some tips for what to pack here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/packing-guide-for-trekking-in-...
- The Annapurna trek is a popular route and you will encounter many other trekkers and groups on your trip as you trek and at the teahouses. If you are after a trek that sees less travellers and spends more time trekking through communities rather than on a more established route, see our Tamang Heritage & Langtang Valley Trek (HNXV).
- Some travellers enjoy Pokhara so much that they decide they want to stay extra days rather than continuing with the group to Kathmandu. Others decide that they would prefer to fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu to conclude the trip instead of travelling overland. You are welcome to sign off the trip to do either of these, however we aren't able to reimburse any unused services or cover the cost of alternate onward travel arrangements.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Annapurna Sanctuary trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip for hotel nights only and is not applicable while trekking.
2. Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip.
Our Annapurna Sanctuary trips score an average of 4.83 out of 5 based on 95 reviews in the last year.
This trek is a great opportunity to see some of the best views you will ever see in your life without too much intense hiking! Great for people who like to hike or want a bit of a challenge. Best train for alot of steps though!
Review submitted 27 Jul 2018