Tour India and visit Agra’s opulent Taj Mahal
Take the whole family on an unforgettable adventure to India, a place full of colourful characters, delicious cuisine and remarkable landscapes. Get the most out of this diverse subcontinent by tasting flavourful curries in Delhi, strolling through the Pink City of Jaipur, and exploring the depths of the lush Ranthambhore National Park. Of course, no visit to India is complete without gazing upon the Taj Mahal, an epic monument to love and one of the finest examples of Islamic architecture in the world. With plenty of cultural highlights for the adults and exciting activities for the kids, this trip is bound to excite, enchant and inspire memories to last a lifetime.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
India is bursting with colour, alive with people, dripping with the powerful smells of spice and incense. Immerse yourself with the sights and smells as you walk through the markets and bazaars.
Nothing compares to seeing the Taj Mahal it in person in the glowing morning light. It will definitely make sense why this 17th century masterpiece has attracted worldwide acclaim.
Explore through the depths of the Ranthambhore National Park – it’s like the Jungle Book has been brought to life! Keep your eyes peeled for gazelle, antelopes and the stealthy Bengal tiger.
Discover the traditional and vibrant city of Jaipur, full of colourful ornate buildings, and understand why its known as the Pink City.
Experience a special stay in a 17th-century palace in Alsisar – with its grand courtyards and colourful arcades, you (and your kids!) will feel like royalty.
This trip involves some long bus and train rides, which can be tiresome but offer a quintessential experience of the Indian landscape and people.
Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some families prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet).
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Northern India Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
2. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children under 17 years of age at time of travel.
3. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 1 pm on Day 1 in Delhi. This trip ends on Day 10 and you are free to leave at any time.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) to secure a permit for your Ranthambore National Park visit. Authorities at Ranthambhore NP follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive correct passport details in time we cannot guarantee you on the tiger safari.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. Summer Itinerary - Swai Mansingh sanctuary visit instead of Ranthambore National Parkas the section of the park we visit shuts over the summer.
7. Please note travelling during major festivals such as Holi and Diwali can, at times, cause disruption the published itinerary. Please see the 'Safety' section for more details.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information