Reconnect with nature on this 5-day trekking trip through the southeastern district of Canyonlands National Park in Utah. With nothing but desert, sandstone and shrubbery all around you, this is the perfect trip for those looking to leave civilisation behind and recharge underneath a blanket of stars. Take daily hikes through running creeks and riparian vegetation unique to the area and discover some of the most incredible sandstone landscapes along the way. Spot distinctive sandstone arches such as Angel Arch and Crescent Arch and even see some ancient ruins of cave dwellings and granaries – an echo of the past Native American Puebloan people. If you’re in need of a digital detox, refuel with some campground stories, deserted canyon treks and a healthy dose of isolation.
Dates and availability
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2.Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. A pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM on the day before trip starts in St. George, Utah. Your guide will be in contact approximately 2 weeks before your trip starts to specify the orientation location. Early on the morning of day 1 your guide will pick you up at your hotel for transport to the trailhead. This trip concludes at approximately 7:00 PM on the last day.
7. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.