Delight in visiting the ChangChill elephant experience and embrace your spiritual side.
See a different side of Chiang Mai by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience. You'll learn how this organisation supports the protection, conservation and lifestyle of free-roaming elephants in the region. Observe the daily patterns of these jungle giants from a safe distance, seeing how they graze and socialise with each other. Wave goodbye to new friends and return to Chiang Mai to make offerings to monks, explore Kad Ton Payo flea market, enjoy a spot of meditation or taste regional specialties.
Meet elephants in a responsible environment by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience.
Take a songthaew to Kad Ton Payom flea market and purchase offerings to give to monks
Discover local flavours with a traditional breakfast
Talk with the abbot at the 600-year-old Wat Umong Temple and learn about Buddhism and Dharma
Mingle with the monks and get some basic meditation tips in Wat Suan Dok
This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip. You will have the evenings to yourself and your guide can help suggest places to eat and shop.
This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. The Thai government has announced the suspension of 'Test & Go' scheme effective from 22 Dec and no new applicants for entering Thailand will be accepted during the suspension. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-thos...
2. As the arrival transfer is part of the 'Test&Go' package arranged by approved hotels, we won't be able to provide the airport arrival transfer in this case and will provide a complimentary departure transfer instead.
3. This trip starts on day 1 at 7pm with a welcome meeting, the trip finishes on day 3 at approximately 12pm
4. This trip is operated by one of our local partners in Thailand and therefore you may be joined by a mixture of Intrepid-booked passengers and other travellers during activities.
5. We won't be able to provide pre-trip hotel booking according to this 'Test&Go' scheme so please contact the hotel directly for booking your pre-trip hotel stay.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information