Enter For a Chance to Win the Ultimate Thailand Food Adventure Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM INTREPID TRAVEL ("SPONSOR"), KIND TRAVELER, AFAR AND DOLLAR FLIGHT CLUB (THE "SWEEPSTAKES PARTNERS"). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Intrepid Travel, located at 79 Madison Ave. 15th Floor, New York, NY, 10016. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of 46 of the 50 United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan and Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) age of majority or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, outside the U.S., and wherever else prohibited by law. Sponsor’s and Sweepstakes Partners’ employees and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on May 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM EST and ends on June 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified, except the entries received by physical mail may be received as indicated below. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit http://escape.intrepidtravel.com/vietnamexpress and complete the following questions during the Sweepstakes Period:
a. First Name
c. Email Address
d. ZIP Code
You may also enter by mailing your name and address to INTREPID TRAVEL, 79 Madison Ave. 15th Floor, New York, NY, 10016, Attn: Vietnam Express Southbound Sweeps. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than June 3, 2019 and received no later than June 13, 2019. Mechanically reproduced or pre-printed entries or mailing labels will not be accepted.
4. Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account, and per social media platform. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts or multiple social media accounts) to circumvent the entry limit.
6. Prize(s): One (1) Grand-Prize winner will receive a trip to Vietnam, which includes: (a) A booking for the prize winner and a guest (2 people total) on Intrepid Travel’s Vietnam Express Southbound (details outlined here https://www.intrepidtravel.com/us/vietnam/vietnam-express-southbound-117043) (ARV: $2,058) (“Intrepid Tour”) (b) A $2,000 stipend toward flights (collectively, the “Prize”). Prizes (excluding trip) delivered via e-mail.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Four Thousand Two Hundred and Fifty Eight Dollars ($4,258 USD). The ARV represents Sponsor’s good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the Prize in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the Prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
Winner and any guest of winner must travel on the same Intrepid Travel tour itinerary, on departure dates available by Intrepid Travel, and must possess valid identification and all necessary documents for travel including passport and visas. Winner must have a valid passport for travel with at least two (2) empty pages and six (6) months' validity after the date of departure. Winner must schedule tour through Intrepid Travel and the tour is subject to all booking conditions, requirements, and restrictions established by Intrepid Travel. Intrepid Tour must have four (4) confirmed passengers on a specific departure date prior to winner confirming their spot. Intrepid Tour must be booked by December 3, 2019 for travel departing by December 31, 2019. Winner will not be awarded additional compensation if winner travels without an eligible guest. Guests must be aged 18 or over; eligibility is determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together. No changes to travel arrangements will be permitted once any element of the Prize-related travel is booked. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates once delivered to winner (or winner’s guest). Prize-related travel may be subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions.
Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited upon travel completion and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made if a flight is cancelled or delayed. Travel is subject to any additional terms and conditions established by Sponsor's air travel prize supplier and Intrepid Travel's terms and conditions located at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions/us.
Intrepid Tour does not include spending money, travel taxes, trip kitties, and any costs related to travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers and all other ancillary costs (as well as the costs of obtaining any of these). All such costs and matters are the responsibility of the winner.
Prize details not specifically described are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize excludes, and winner is solely responsible for, any costs or fees incurred by winner or winner's guest during Prize-related travel that are not specified in the Official Rules as part of the Prize, including but not limited to: applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, airport transfer transportation fees not included in trip itinerary, additional meals and alcoholic beverages, other than described herein, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, medical and travel insurance together with any necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Winner is solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the departure point as the trip portion of the Prize originates and terminates there.
Winner should consult a physician prior to travel to determine the advisability of immunizations and inoculations that may be appropriate. Winner is required to obtain medical insurance prior to departure and it is recommended that winner obtains sufficient personal insurance prior to departure.
The Intrepid Tour provided must be accepted as awarded, there are no substitutions. There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
If winner and/or winner’s guest engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of the Prize without further compensation.
7. Winner Selection: Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (or, for mail entries, received by the date indicated above) on February 18, 2019. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact winner(s) by email account used by winner to enter, or, for entries received by mail, the mailing address if no email address is provided. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s delivery.
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor’s notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s irrevocable permission for Sponsor and each Sweepstakes Partner to use winner’s name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
9. General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principle. By entering the Sweepstake, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of New York and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in other forum.In no event, will you be entitled to injunctive relief or equitable relief of any kind, or restrain the continuation of any Sweepstake.
• Kind Traveler: https://www.kindtraveler.com/privacy-policy
• Dollar Flight Club: https://dollarflightclub.com/privacy-policy/
You may unsubscribe from any email communication by clicking the “unsubscribe” (or similar) link at the bottom of any marketing email sent from Sponsor or a Sweepstakes Partner, or by contacting such entity directly.
11. Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
12. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, each Sweepstakes Partner, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s and each Sweepstakes Partner’s privacy policies, and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
13. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the “Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
14. Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: Intrepid Travel, 79 Madison Ave. 15th Floor, New York, NY, 10016