Experience the beauty of the Annapurna Circuit trekking in Nepal
Trek through the incredible Annapurna region and be awed by the Nepalese Himalayas. These snow-capped peaks, mist-shrouded valleys, isolated communities and remote monasteries will inspire those with a bold spirit and a yearning for a definitive nature experience. Reach altitudes of more than 5,000 m, discover the ancestral traditions of the local people and immerse yourself completely in the spectacular mountain wilderness of the Annapurna Circuit.
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2018:
We will no longer stop for the night in Bandipur on day 2, but will drive directly to Besisahar where we will start trekking towards Ngadi. This change allows us to spend an an extra night in Pokhara after the trek is completed for free time and lots of optional activities. The trip length remaining the same.
Get 20% OFF Asia adventures between October 9 and December 15! Book by October 31st.Terms & Conditions
- Learn the illustrious history of the once prosperous hilltop trading town of Bandipur, lost to the minds of most travellers and a delight to wander
- Trek the mighty Annapurnas and uncover a different side of the Himalayas – terraced rice fields, oak and rhododendron forests, all surrounded by stunning snow-capped peaks
- Conquer the climb to the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit, crossing the Thorong Pass at 5,416 metres
- Soak up beautiful views of mastered mountains while relaxing by Pokhara’s Phewa Lake
- This trip involves an 11 day trek at high altitude (up to and above 5,000 metres) – precautions and acclimatisation are undertaken, but be aware of the effects altitude can have.
- An excellent level of fitness is required on this trip, with treks of up to 9 hours a day at high altitude.
- Accommodation on this route is simple teahouses, which also allows you to experience the friendly spirit of the local Nepalese.
- Thorong La pass is occasionally closed in winter months due to heavy snowfall.
- Please read our packing list for required equipment carefully, and remember that you don’t necessarily have to bring it all with you – you can hire/ buy some of it in Kathmandu.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Annapurna Explorer trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip and is valid for nights 1 & 15 in Kathmandu and night 14 in Pokhara only. The nature of tea houses means there is not enough rooms for single supplements whilst on trek.
2. Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip.
4. There is a dirt road that stretches from Muktinath to Jomsom and Tatpaoni (Days 14-17). When weather conditions allow, we use an alternate track for this portion of the trek to avoid the road as much as possible.
Our Annapurna Explorer trips score an average of 4.8 out of 5 based on 88 reviews in the last year.
An epic trek with unforgettable scenery and cultural experiences. You will be guided at a pace to ensure success with the increasing altitude.
Review submitted 19 Oct 2017
At all times I felt safe travelling with Intrepid as everything was so well organised. The guides are local people who assist with language and local knowledge,making everything so much easier.
Review submitted 19 Oct 2017