Explore China on a family trip from Beijing to Hong Kong.
Take your family on a memorable adventure through China and see the many sides of this colourful, cultural and naturally beautiful nation. The perfect blending of the familiar and the novel, on this 10-day tour you will marvel at the incredible Great Wall of China and Terracotta Warriors, get lost in the quiet beauty of Yangshuo and be dazzled by the colourful markets and nightlife of the big cities. Boasting some of the grandest urban metropolises and most delicious cuisine in the world, China is an ideal destination for the whole family.
Though not quite visible from space, the Great Wall of China is still massive! Wander this iconic monument and learn about its history
Travel back in time to the era of China’s powerful Emperors in Beijing while you explore the halls and courtyards of the Forbidden City
Experience whizzing through the Chinese landscape on futuristic bullet trains
Meet pandas in Chengdu on a once-in-a-lifetime encounter. Watch these adorable creatures at play, get to know the super-cute red ones, and learn about important conservation work
Uncover the secrets of Chinese food in a cooking class in Yangshuo
Wrap up this eye-opening adventure in Hong Kong – a fast-paced explosion for the senses that’s an exciting mix of old and new, East and West
This trip uses a mix of transport for a local experience – bullet trains, the metro, private vehicles and public buses – some of which give a great chance to interact with locals.
The trip also covers a fair amount of ground to maximise experiences and enable you to see much of this vast country, so be prepared for some long journeys.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. Please provide Intrepid or your booking agent with a colour scanned copy of the personal details page from your passport at time of booking.
5. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
6. Please note while traveling through mainland China you will not be able to access some popular internet websites such as Google, Instagram and Facebook as well as some email platforms.
Our China Family Holiday trips score an average of 4.84 out of 5 based on 19 reviews in the last year.
Brilliant trip for a family group probably for children 10 years plus. Exciting, cultural and absolutely fantastic. Memories forever.
Review submitted 17 Aug 2018
A great trip that we and our kids were thoroughly emerged in China. This trip covers the essential sites of China, but does it in a safe and responsible way reducing air travel where but still maximising our time in the cities where we stayed.
Review submitted 17 Aug 2018