Immerse yourself in the winter wonders of Yellowstone National Park
Ready to get up close and personal to Yellowstone National Park and explore its virtually untouched natural wonders? This four-day snowshoe adventure through one of the United States’ most famous national parks is perfect for travellers looking to connect with nature on a stunning winter wonderland adventure. Experience the beauty of Yellowstone National Park on foot on a snowshoeing adventure that takes in vast, snow-covered meadows, geysers, frozen waterfalls, and wildlife areas. With accommodation provided in cosy national park lodges and all your meals, local transportation, gear taken care of, all you need to do is soak it all in. Add a specialist Yellowstone guide and you’ve got the perfect outdoor adventure.
Keep an eye out for wildlife like bison, elk, coyote and bighorn sheep as you snowshoe along a groomed road towards Tower Falls tumbling into the valley below.
Explore Yellowstone’s unique thermal features as you snowshoe through the Upper Geyser Basin towards Old Faithful and watch it spray over 4000 gallons of boiling water into the air.
See the Mammoth Hot Springs travertine terraces where underground thermal activity expands and contracts to create an incredible hot spring feature.
Take in the power of one of the more unique and impressive backcountry geysers in the park – Lone Star Geyser – and see the thermal features that give the Firehole River its name.
Return to a delicious hot meal each day after exploring the park and spend your evenings chatting in front of the fire at a comfortable hotel with plenty of character and rustic charm.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Yellowstone can be very cold in the winter so you must have the appropriate footwear and clothing. To be fully prepared, please follow the recommended clothing list closely. Yellowstone National Park snow coaches have limited space for luggage, so we ask that you have no more than 1 bag or suitcase weighing less than 22kgs, a day pack and a small carry-on bag.
Winter weather can be unpredictable in Yellowstone so we may need to make itinerary changes to keep the group safe and well at all times. If this occurs, we will do our best to find comparable activities and experiences.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing in Yellowstone trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts in Bozeman. Your Tour Leader will contact you approximately 2 weeks before your trip to share necessary details.
7. Early on the morning of day 1 (6-8am), you will be picked up from Holiday Inn Express Bozeman Wes hotel in Bozeman. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel. Your trip will finish on a last day at approximately 7pm.
8. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information