Unfortunately this tour isn’t available for sale in your country or region.
Hike Joshua Tree in winter and avoid the crowds
Discover one of the most serene and surreal landscapes in the American West on a winter hiking and backcountry camping trip in Joshua Tree National Park where billion-year-old rocks loom above the surrounding desert, and expansive Joshua Tree “forests” blanket broad valleys. In the mornings and evenings, it feels more like a savannah than a desert, with Joshua Trees framing the horizon at the edge of the Mojave desert. Admire Joshua Tree’s must-see features like desert oases and soaring summits and gather around the well-stoked campfires at a basecamp in the heart of Joshua Tree National Park.
Have a wonderful outdoor experience while you enjoy comforts like showers and cosy sleeping amenities, even while camping.
Explore Joshua Tree National Park on foot – hike some most iconic and classic treks under the watchful eye of your expert leader who knows all the best spots.
Soak in the sight of Joshua trees silhouetted against the break of day or climb to the top of one of the monoliths surrounding camp to greet the morning.
Hike to the summit of Ryan Mountain and take in stunning 360-degree summit views of granite rock piles that seem to melt into the surrounding plateau.
Sustained by water seeping up through fault lines, five oases can be found within Joshua Tree National Park. On this trip, you will visit two of them.
This is a walking trip so a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On our final day there is no accommodation included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking and Camping in Joshua Tree trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Operations for this trip originate in Utah so Utah sales tax is applicable. This tax is already included in the advertised trip price.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5. This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Wildland Trekking. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid has worked very closely with Wildland Trekking to ensure that all of our customers will enjoy their time away, and experience all that the region has to offer.
6. On the morning of Day 1, you will be picked up from Tuscany Suites and Casino Hotel in Las Vegas. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.
9. Please note, showers are not available on this trip.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information