Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to you securing a place on Intrepid Travel’s Uncharted Expedition 2020. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
- There are twelve (12) places available to be booked on the Intrepid Uncharted Expedition 2020. You can register for an opportunity to book a place on the trip between 11 June 2019 (“Opening Date”) and 9 July 2019 (“Closing Date”). You can only register once.
- The first round of twelve (12) registrants will be randomly selected, then notified via email between 10 and 17 July.. Successful registrants will have 72 hours to confirm their place, after which time their place will be offered to another registrant, again selected at random.
- The Intrepid Uncharted Expedition 2020 is open to people aged 18 or over. No deposit is required with registration, but a deposit is required from successful registrants once selected, payable within 72 hours of notification. Full payment is required by Tuesday 15thJanuary 2020. ** Full details of costs and deposit listed at point 10. **
- Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the Uncharted Expedition page https://uncharted.intrepidtravel.com/
- In registering for a place on the Intrepid Uncharted Expedition, registrants agree that they are applying to partake in a travel experience for which the details will not be fully revealed until arrival in the start destination. The only details to be revealed prior to this will be start & finish location, duration, dates and price. Start and finish hotels, visa and transfer information will be provided to successful registrants upon receipt of payment.
- Maximum twelve (12) customers will be randomly selected to have the opportunity to book a place on the Intrepid Uncharted Expedition 2020.
- The trip will start in Tehran, Iran on Saturday, 18thApril 2020 and finish in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday, 6th May 2020. The trip length is 18 days, 17 nights.
- The itinerary includes 4 countries, 3 border crossings and spans 3,500km.
- Customers are responsible for booking their own flights, travel insurance, vaccinations and visas where required. Intrepid Travel will provide information on required visas once successful customers have paid their initial deposit.
- The cost of the trip and deposit required (not including on-ground expenses) as below. The advertised RRP for the Uncharted Expedition is:
- 4595AUD (Deposit amount:920)
- 4825NZD (Deposit amount: 970NZD)
- 4385CAD (Deposit amount: 880CAD)
- 3740USD (Deposit amount: 750USD)
- 2895EUR (Deposit amount: 580EUR)
- 2495GBP (Deposit amount: 500GBP)
- 3250CHF (Deposit amount: 650CHF)
The RRP covers accommodation, land transport, some included activities and 16 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners. The RRP does not cover any additional meals or flights to and from the start and finish points.
- Intrepid Travel can cancel or modify the trip (subject to regulatory approval) if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons beyond the company’s control that prevent the Uncharted Expedition from running in a safe and responsible manner including, but not limited to, civil unrest, war or threat of war. In this case, Intrepid Travel will use reasonable efforts to provide the experience as described, substitute the trip for another trip of comparable value or provide a refund.
- The random selection will take place during the week commencing 8 July 2019 at Intrepid Travel Pty. Ltd. (ABN 35 007 172 456) of Level 7/567 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
- Successful registrants will be notified by email between 10 and 17 July 2019. They will have 72 hours to confirm their place. Any unconfirmed places will be filled with another random selection after that time.
- The Uncharted Expedition may include some long travel days in a van, strenuous walks, and areas where dietary requirements are hard to cater for. Potential applicants must consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions. Intrepid Travel is not responsible for:
- loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
- loss that was not caused by Intrepid Travel’s breach of this deed or by negligence;
- business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
- losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside the control of Intrepid Travel (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
- loss caused, or contributed to, by registrant’s breach of conditions of entry or acts of negligence.
- Successful registrants may be requested to provide proof of identity, residency and age, to confirm eligibililty for the departure.
- Bookings on Uncharted Expedition are non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for an alternate departure or itinerary
- You’ll be responsible for all fees and costs connected with the trip – including any taxes, visas, insurance, on-ground additional meals and any other expenses, connected with the trip.
- Successful registrants must comply with Intrepid Travel’s standard operating rules located here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions. Successful registrants will be subject to the local laws, rules and regulations in the destination of travel. Intrepid Travel reserves the right to disqualify any traveller who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
- As per regular booking terms and conditions, all successful Uncharted Expedition travellers must have valid travel insurance for the departure. Insurance details will need to be provided in advance of the departure.
Personal Information and Privacy
- Intrepid Travel will only use the personal information contained in Uncharted Expedition registrations to award the places on the departure, unless registrants also subscribe to receive promotional materials. If you are selected to travel on this expedition, Intrepid Travel may use your name and photograph (if provided) for future marketing purposes, unless you tell us not to.