Journey from Zanzibar to Zimbabwe on this African adventure
This trip takes in four fascinating countries on a journey from the east of Tanzania down through Malawi, Zambia and finishing in Zimbabwe. Begin on the flawless beaches of Zanzibar, then travel though rolling savanna and forest on eye-opening game drives. Get close to incredible wildlife in remote nature reserves and enjoy a warm welcome in busy cities and traditional villages.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Explore the bustling city of Harare
Enjoy the many optional activities on offer at South Luangwa National Park
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa – Great Zimbabwe. A World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as view them from the Zimbabwe side on an optional visit
Travel with 3 local crew members; Group leader, driver and cook.
There are many optional activities on this trip. Please take this into consideration when budgeting for this trip.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Kenya to Vic Falls trip.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please see your booking agent for further information.
2. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 2pm on day 1.
3. This trip finishes in Vic Falls after breakfast on Day 19. However, if you wish to enjoy some of the optional activities on offer perhaps consider an evening flight or an additional night here.
4. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change on day 4 in Stone Town as some group members leave and new ones join you.
5. Please note the Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
Our Zanzibar to Vic Falls trips score an average of 4.4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews in the last year.
Our trip would not have been as enjoyable if we did not have our tour guide, Nash. He fostered camaraderie amongst the travellers, shared so much knowledge about each area and had a wonderful sense of humour.
Review submitted 18 Aug 2018
I had an excellent experience with Intrepid for my first tour and would highly recommend them to anyone considering a tour in any of the destinations they operate in.
Review submitted 06 Jul 2018