Cycle classic Peru and visit South America's stunning ancient Inca sites
Travel to Peru and embark on a cycling adventure from the coast to the magical Sacred Valley. Kick things off on the streets of Lima, pedalling through fishermen’s and artists’ hangouts, clocking beautiful views of the Pacific coastline. Fly to Cusco and hit the single-track to explore a veritable treasure trove of Inca archaeological sites. Ride a mountain bike across the lush countryside of the Sacred Valley, a world of colourful Andean communities and phenomenal landscapes shaped by lost civilisations. Finish with a tour of mighty Machu Picchu, one of South America’s must-see drawcards.
Peru's spectacular mountains and valleys are a dream to explore on two wheels. This itinerary combines easy routes with more strenuous paths, allowing a nice mix of sightseeing and adventure
Begin with a two-wheeled Urban Adventure through the streets of Lima, stopping in artist enclaves and scenic lookouts
Discover the breadth of Peru's diverse heritage, from the gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture of Lima to the mother of all Inca cities, Machu Picchu
Tour Cusco both on bicycle and on foot. Check out the San Pedro market, the 12 Angled Stone, Chocolate Museum, and Inca sites such as Sacsayhuaman and Tambomachay
Spend three days exploring the Sacred Valley on a mountain bike, visiting the Huaypo lagoon and the iconic terraced Moray Agricultural Laboratory
This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the trip notes for more important information on this.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
While the cycling can be challenging at times, there's a hotel to retire to each night, giving you the chance to relax and unwind.
Note that full passport details are required at the time of booking the trip. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 17 October 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Peru (Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
2. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
Our Cycle Peru (Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley) trips score an average of 4.67 out of 5 based on 3 reviews in the last year.
Intrepid exceeded my expectations in all areas. From expert local guides to friendly customer service, I would recommend Intrepid to anyone interested in a unique travel experience.
Review submitted 15 Sep 2018
This was my first experience booking a trip with Intrepid and I would highly recommend for anyone interested in individual or small group travel.
Review submitted 11 Sep 2018