Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Intrepid Travel Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 09:00:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on February 16, 2018 and continues until 23:59:59 EST on March 9, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) or United States who have reached the age of majority at the time of Contest entry (each an “Entrant”). Employees, representatives, dealers and agents of the Contest Sponsor, and their respective parent and affiliated companies, contest suppliers and judges, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Throughout the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor will be posting Contest advertisements on Facebook. To enter, click on the “sign up” button in the Contest advertisement, enter your email, country of residence, first name and last name in the pop-up window and click “Next”. Read the terms and conditions provided and click “Submit”. Each complete submission qualifies as one (1) entry to the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per Entrant throughout the Contest Period.
To participate in the Contest, you must have a valid Facebook account that is in good standing. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook account. The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining a Facebook account are at the sole discretion of Facebook, and can be found on the Facebook website. The Contest is open to existing Facebook account holders as well as new account holders.
If the identity of an Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- Prize: There is one (1) prize available to be won between Canada (excluding Quebec) and United States consisting of:
- One (1) 15-day tour to Peru and Bolivia, which includes:
- Meals: 14 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners;
- Transportation between Peru and Bolivia;
- 14-nights accommodation in a camping facility, homestay, hotel or jungle lodge; and
- Various guided tours.
Full details of the prize can be found at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/peru/sacred-land-incas-108640. Approximate retail value of the prize is CAD$4,300/USD$3,500. If, at the time a prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail price for the prize is less than the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference.
The winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their prize not mentioned above, including, but without limitation, air and ground transportation to and from the destination, ground transportation not mentioned above, gratuities, personal expenses, meals not mentioned above, health or travel insurance, entertainment, etc. The Contest Sponsor will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Rules. The actual number of prizes awarded will be based on the number of eligible entries received.
The winner must redeem the prize by June 30, 2018 and travel by December 15, 2018 and is subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and those set forth by the accommodation, restaurant, and tour suppliers. All travel arrangements must be made through the Contest Sponsor or its designated agents and will not be rescheduled or substituted once booked. All other costs and expenses not specifically stated as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner will be responsible for having the required identifications and obtaining any necessary travel documents in advance of the departure date. No compensation will be made if the trip is cancelled due to a failure to obtain the necessary travel documents.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for cancelled, delayed, suspended or re-scheduled events or travel once arrangements are made for any reason whatsoever beyond its control, including if the trip is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and the winner will not be reimbursed for any portion of the prize that may become unavailable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the awarding of the prize or any component of a prize in the event that the winner engages in inappropriate or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and travel arrangements at its sole discretion.
- Prize Substitution: Any prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Winner Determination: One (1) entry will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries by the Contest Sponsor on March 12, 2018 at approximately 12:30 pm EST in Toronto, Ontario. A representative of the Contest Sponsor will contact the selected Entrant via email within one (1) business day of the random drawing (“Winner Notification”). If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim their prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits their prize, and the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may randomly select another Entrant from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Distribution: Once confirmed as a winner, the Prize will be sent to the winner via email. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor, or any affiliated companies for any email return as undeliverable. The Contest Sponsor, and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the prize. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a prize (or prize portion) will result in forfeiture of the prize and unused portions of the prize have no cash value. Prize winner is responsible for any applicable taxes related to any prize received. If the Entrant is a United States citizen, they will be responsible for taxes and will receive a Form 1099. Winner bears all risk of loss or damages to prize after delivery.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared the winner, a selected Entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; and (ii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release form within a specified period of time. If the selected Entrant is a Canadian (excluding Quebec) resident, the selected Entrant must also correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via the Declaration of Eligibility and Release form.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select (a) winner(s) via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if an Entrant should so elect, to communicate with Entrants about the Contest Sponsor’s products/services/offers. Consenting to receive such communications is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter this Contest and does not improve your chances of winning the prize. Entrants not wishing to receive any other informational or marketing communications from the Contest Sponsor should so indicate when they enter the Contest. Please see the Privacy Policies for Contest Sponsor at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/privacy for information on the policy towards maintaining the privacy and security of user information.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Contest Sponsor and its respective designees may use their name, photographs, videos, likeness, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, Entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or prize-related activity.
- Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All Entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Social Media Platforms: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsor and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or concerns about the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not Facebook.