Ever dreamed of exploring the Amazon?
The Lost City of Z hits UK cinemas on March 24th and tells the incredible true story of British explorer Percy Fawcett, who journeyed into the Amazon at the dawn of the 20th Century and discovered a previously unknown, advanced civilisation.
The film stars Charlie Hunnam, Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller and Tom Holland and to celebrate the release of the film we've teamed up with StudioCanal to give one lucky winner the chance to win our exploration into the Amazon.
- Entry is open to residents of UK, Ireland, Europe and South Africa, aged 18 and over, but excludes employees of Intrepid Travel, their immediate families, anyone connected professionally with the prize draw, or any person where entering this competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Closing date is 15 April 2017 at 23:00. No entry details submitted after this time will be valid.
- The competition is free to enter – no purchase is necessary. By entering the competition you agree to receive the Intrepid email newsletter. This is free to receive, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- The prize is for 1 person to travel on our on our 12 day Inca Trail & Amazon. The prize also includes flights from the winner's nearest international airport.
- There is a minimum age of 18 to travel on the Intrepid prize.
- The prize must be booked within 12 weeks of the competition closing and travel within 12 months of the booking date. No extensions are available.
- Not included in the prize is travel insurance, any additional meals or accommodation not included in the itinerary, spending money or any travel visas required.
- The prize is strictly non-transferable to another person, trip or redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to availability at time of booking. Some trips must meet minimum number requirements prior to confirmation. If a trip that the winner has booked does not reach its minimum number requirement, the winner will be informed and will have the opportunity to transfer to another departure or a trip of equal value.
- The winner must book the prize directly with the Intrepid Travel by calling 0808 274 5111 quoting the winning promo code – detailed by the Intrepid Travel prior to the competition launching.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any required visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those who entered the competition with the correct answer, and they will be notified by email by the organisers within 14 days of the closing date.
- Only one entry per person will be available.
- Intrepid Travel's decision is final.
- Intrepid Travel and its affiliates reserve the right to amend or withdraw the prize draw and any of the prizes in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Lost City of Z
From the Academy Award winning producers of Moonlight and 12 Years a Slave, THE LOST CITY OF Z tells the incredible true story of British explorer Percy Fawcett, who journeys into the Amazon at the dawn of the 20th Century and discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilisation that may have once inhabited the region. Despite being ridiculed by the scientific establishment who regard indigenous populations as savages, the determined Fawcett supported by his devoted wife (Sienna Miller), son (Tom Holland) and aide de camp (Robert Pattinson) returns time and again to his beloved jungle in an attempt to prove his case, culminating in his mysterious disappearance in 1925.
More about the prize