Cross Kenya and Tanzania through the rich, fertile Masai Mara
The wonders of Kenya and Tanzania unfold before you on this incredible overland adventure, which goes deep into the heartland of the Maasai tribespeople and the finest game parks in eastern Africa. While travelling through the world-renowned Masai Mara and the vast open Serengeti plains and on to the stunning lakes of the Great Rift Valley and the dramatic scenery of the Ngorongoro Crater, you'll spot a wealth of exotic predators and peaceful herbivores. Heading off the beaten track to walk in the footsteps of the Maasai will leave you with memories of Africa that will last a lifetime.
For a limited time, lock in your spot on a 2018 adventure with just £1!Terms & Conditions
Experience Kenya's tribal life with Maasai warriors at an overnight village visit in Loita Hills
Shop for local wares at Musoma market on the edge of Lake Victoria
Safari in the iconic Serengeti National Park with two early morning and two late afternoon game drives in our overland vehicle
Learn about the Great Rift Valley and the migration of the animals within it.
Embark on a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino.
Travel with 3 local crew members; Group leader, driver and cook.
In Loita Hills we stay in a bush camp with no shower facilities while Maasai warriors guard us from the animals.
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This is a combination trip made up of two shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Nairobi as some group members leave and new ones join you.
3. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 15. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm this evening.
4. If it is more convenient, we offer the option to finish the trip in Arusha on the final day rather than transferring back to Nairobi. Please do not book flights out of Arusha airport until after 10.30am.
5. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Masai Mara or Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
Our The Masai Heartlands trips score an average of 4.7 out of 5 based on 23 reviews in the last year.
Overall an absolutely amazing trip interacting with the Maasai villagers and beyond brilliant game drives. We were lycky enough to see tbe Big 5. Couldn't have asked for a better time.
Review submitted 18 Feb 2018
The basic Kenya trip was excellent however the parks in Tanzania had limited toilets for the number of other tourists and us to use, They were disgusting
Review submitted 02 Nov 2017