Discover the highlights and contrasts of north and south India
Experience the real India on this comfortable introduction to the cultures of north India and the lush beauty of southern India. Travelling from Delhi in the north to Trivandrum in the south, discover everything that India has to offer. The highlights and hidden jewels are revealed against a backdrop of green on a Kerala tour and in the vibrant towns of Rajasthan. Visit India's flamboyant major cities and the quiet repose of tiny fishing villages, along with tea gardens, tribal homes and colonial enclaves. Discover the culinary delights of each region and stay in colourful hotels, heritage accommodation and even a palace!
Discover the man-made beauty that lies across the north of India – from Jaipur’s ‘Palace of the Winds’ and Royal City Palace, Agra’s Red Fort and iconic Taj Mahal, to the palaces of Orchha and the carved steps leading down to the river in Varanasi
Be immersed in the spirituality of India – the Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi, the ghats of Varanasi, Kama Sutra carved temples and Buddhist pilgrimage sites; evening prayer ceremonies, ancient bathing rituals and candle flower ceremonies on the Ganges
With its idyllic lifestyle and contemporary feel, Puducherry is a beautiful seaside town to explore
Learn about the man who dedicated his life to the independence of India at The National Gandhi Museum
Track footprints in search of wild elephants in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
The rolling hills and chai gardens of Munnar are a tea lover’s dream
Ferry-hop between the islands of Fort Kochi to discover palaces, temples and Portuguese architecture at every turn
Between December and February flights and trains in the north can be delayed due to fog, (but this just adds to the country’s atmospheric vistas).
In the summer months it will get very hot. Be sure to drink lots of water, pack light cotton clothing and use adequate skin protection.
Please note there are several early mornings on this trip, allowing you to see more of the country in the captivating morning light.
We’ll be visiting multiple temples during the trip so it’s important to wear appropriate clothing that covers the arms, legs and shoulders.
As we'll be walking through varying terrain in national parks, comfortable walking shoes are essential.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our India Experience trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. The internal flight from Delhi to Chennai is included in the price of your trip.
2. A Single Supplement is available on this trip. See under the Single Traveller section of your Trip Notes for more information.
3. An airport Arrival Transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking.
4. This trip is a combination trip and as such the makeup of your group will change on day 12.
5. Using mud pack therapy the Archaeological Survey of India is planning to clean the four small canopies around the main dome of the Taj Mahal from the start of April 2018. This will be followed by the cleaning of the main dome but that could take some time as ASI is yet to calculate its load bearing capacity. The ASI’s science branch officials have stated that cleaning the four canopies will take approximately 2 months while main dome cleaning will be completed in phases. We will continue to update as information becomes available.
JAIPUR HOT AIR BALLOON FLIGHTS
Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March.
Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost.
You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip.
Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$250pp (subject to change)
Flights are subject to weather conditions and tickets are fully refundable in case of poor weather.
Our India Experience trips score an average of 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews in the last year.
Wonderful way to see India, meet the friendly people, visit the amazing temples and experience the colour culture and lifestyle of this lovely country.
Review submitted 01 Mar 2018
Intrepid offers a great way of seeing countries with local guides. I really enjoyed visiting local families and learning more of their customs.
Review submitted 10 Feb 2018