Bikes and beaches come together for the perfect coastal ride
Cycle the NSW South Coast from cosmopolitan Wollongong to charming Kiama, enjoying spectacular views, ancient rock formations, pristine beaches and fascinating heritage along the way. Just a stone’s throw from busy Sydney, the South Coast is an ideal place to ride. From the protected coastal bike path to laidback Thirroul, to the inspiring views atop the Illawarra Escarpment and the largest Buddhist monastery in the Southern Hemisphere, this trip has something for everyone at a pace everyone can enjoy. And there’s plenty to do off the bike as well!
Offer applies to trips departing in 2022.Terms & Conditions
Cycle the stunning NSW South Coast under the expert guidance of a local leader and enjoy the perfect mix of adventure both on and off the bike.
Ride the flat, traffic-free cycling path from popular Wollongong to laidback Thirroul alongside some of the South Coast’s most spectacular beaches.
Catch incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and sandstone cliff faces from atop the Illawarra Escarpment – a sight that’s well worth the cycle up!
Discover both local sites and local life as you explore charming coastal towns and sample some of the finest produce Australia has to offer.
Combine biking and hiking with a visit to the impressive Bombo Headland Quarry Geological Site, where hexagonal columns of basalt jut up straight out of the ocean.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
Unlike most Intrepid Cycling trips this itinerary does not have a full-time support vehicle constantly following the group. Your luggage is always transported for you (by vehicle) between accommodations.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group. There may be times when the leader asks one of the group to act as a backmarker.
To complete this trip, it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel path there are no technical cycling skills required. Given there will be hills, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trips begins.
The coastal weather in this region can vary depending on the season. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the New South Wales South Coast trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Bicycles are included on this trip but you are welcome to bring your own bike should you choose. A discount of $AUD100 will apply to those people bringing their own bike - please ask your travel consultant for more details.
2. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
3. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
4. Your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
5. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained roads and cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
6. As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information