See Vietnam like never before on this two-wheeled family adventure from Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An
Feel the wind in your (helmet-covered) hair on this exciting family cycling adventure through Vietnam. This two-wheeled trip will take you on a journey down country lanes and over spectacular mountain passes, through wildlife-filled natural landscapes, fishing villages, ancient ruins, and some of the region’s liveliest cities. There’s plenty to see off your bike too: Crawl through the Cu Chi tunnels, cruise the turquoise waters of Nha Trang, relax on the golden sand of Mui Ne beach and walk through the charming streets of Hoi An. With the perfect balance of activities and free time, this trip is bound to get the blood pumping and the family bonding.
Go off road and explore Vietnams changing landscapes, peddle through fishing villages, ancient ruins and lively cities.
Learn how to prepare White Rose Cake in Hoi An, this hands-on experience is one the whole family will enjoy.
Cycle through rural countryside to the Cu Chi tunnels, learn about the exciting history behind the complex and try and squeeze through them (if you dare!).
Enjoy a cooking class in Thu Dau Mot with the famous Mrs Cam Van, a renowned chef who has hosted her own TV show for many years.
Swap you bike for a boat in Nha Trang, snorkel in the turquoise waters and feast on a fresh seafood buffet for lunch.
To complete this trip, it is important that you and your family are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
This trip covers quite some distance – you’ll be cycling for up to 35 kilometres a day on varied terrain, so this trip is for the reasonably fit.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Vietnam Family Cycling Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 10 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
6. We are proud to offer an e-bike option on this trip.
7. SNACK KITTY: During the group meeting, your trip leader will ask you if you would like to contribute to the snack kitty. This is $21 USD per person. The snack kitty is spent on water, fruits, the local-made lemonade juice, energy top-up snacks, coffee stops, bathroom stops. It is not a compulsory kitty, although will make the purchasing of snacks easier and more convenient for you. The left over funds will be returned at trip end. You can find out more information from your leader upon arrival.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information