From the beauty of the Himalaya to Rajasthani heritage stays and the iconic Taj Mahal, this trip has it all
Fill up on momos (steamed dumplings) in Kathmandu and get ready for a huge trip. We're talking rafting adventures and beach camps. Hit the Annapurna circuit for a glimpse of the mighty Himalayas. Come face-to-face with rhinos and a host of other exotic wildlife in Chitwan National Park. Get spiritual in Varanasi, see pink in Jaipur and take the ultimate selfie in from of the Taj Mahal. This jam-packed trip covers a bit of everything. We love it, and we think you will to.
Some of our under-30 travellers prefer to get around with people their own age. If that’s you, you’re in the right place!
Over 29? We’ve got over 900 other great adventures to choose from for solo travellers, friends, families, food lovers, hiking enthusiasts, and more.
Spot Rhino's and other exotic wildlife in Chitwan National Park, one of the best places to view wildlife in all of Asia.
Set out on an awesome three-day, low-altitude trek through villages and rhododendron forests, taking in the amazing sights of the Annapurna ranges.
Lumbini is no ordinary town. Visit the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and tour its temples and the legendary Ashoka Pillars.
See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi, one of India's holiest cities.
The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
It's hard not to fall in love with the tiny Rajasthani village of Tordi. The locals will feed you and you'll sleep in a 16th-century palace. Oh, and there's some ruined temples and a pretty cool fortress nearby by too.
You must have a pre purchased Indian visa in your passport for this trip. Indian visa is required prior to travel and cannot be purchased at border on Day 12 of the trip.
Indian e-Visas are not valid for this border crossing.
The Nepal section of this trip has a trekking component of up to 5 hours a day at a max of 2200 metres/7200 feet.
This trip has an included rafting activity on Days 3 and 4.
There are several long travelling days, including Kathmandu to Pokhara (7 hours), Lumbini to Varanasi (10 hours), Varanasi to Agra (12 hours).
1. An excellent level of fitness is required for this trip as there are long trekking days in difficult terrain.
2. Altitude does not exceed 1950 metres/6400 feet on this trip.
3. Rafting on the Trisuli River is grade 3+.
4. Please ensure you bring a passport size photo for our Annapurna trek permit application.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire in Kathmandu for a few dollars a day.
6. A single supplement is available to purchase on this trip, excluding nights at tea houses and on overnight trains.
7. A valid Indian visa is required prior to travel. This trip arrives into India overland from Nepal and e-visas are not valid at land borders.
8. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 minutes. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on Day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made in cash - INR/USD/AUD/GBP only please. Flights are subject to weather conditions and tickets are fully refundable.
9. As this is a combination trip, your leader and group composition may change on Day 8.