Discover the best of Central America as you explore Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua
Cover four different countries on this epic Latin adventure. Stroll along striking black-sand beaches, verdant rainforests and ancient ruins as you make your way around Central America. This is a trip full of outdoor experiences and local know-how. Whether you're shopping in colonial Antigua, exploring the intricately carved structures at Copan or relaxing by the sea in El Salvador, get local insight with likeminded travellers during this incredible nine-day adventure.
Discover Central America – a land of mysterious Maya ruins, active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles – with plenty of independence and the freedom to choose your own adventure.
Don your chef hat and get a taste for the local cuisine with a traditional pupusa making session in a local home in Copan, Honduras.
Experience an El Salvador of the past in the colonial town of Suchitoto, before hitting the waves and savouring the present on the black-sand beaches of El Cuco.
Absorb the nonstop buzz of Leon – a Nicaraguan centre of vibrant mural-lined streets, fiery debate in the plazas, eclectic art galleries and a pulsating nightlife.
Support the deaf community in Granada while enjoying a special breakfast in a local café that’s ran entirely by deaf people.
This trip involves some long travel days, especially on Day 7 from El Cuco to Leon with a 9-hour overland journey. Although this can be tiresome, it's a great opportunity to sit back, enjoy the passing scenery and to bond with your fellow travellers. This is a real Central American adventure, after all.
As this trip covers destinations across four countries, you'll need to make several border crossings. While these are usually straightforward, please prepare to be patient while local authorities process papers.
Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated – especially when out on walking tours.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Guatemala & Beyond trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1 in Antigua. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please be careful when booking flights to Antigua; make sure you fly into Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do not book flights to Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
4. Please be careful when booking flights from Granada; make sure you fly from Managua - Augusto C. Sandino International Airport [MGA]. Managua’s Airport is the closest airport to Granada. Please do not book flights from Granada Airport [GRX] as this is in Spain.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
6. As per updated Nicaragua entry requirements, customers are currently required to supply a copy of their passport front page to their booking agent no later than 15 days prior to departure.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information