Unveil the ancient riches and cultural heart of the Middle East
Embark on a 21-day Premium adventure through the Middle East, from the heartland of ancient Egypt down the iconic Nile River, to the desert landscapes of Wadi Rum, both sides of the Dead Sea and the centre of the Christian world in Jerusalem. Take flight to the temples of Abu Simbel, sail on a Nile riverboat and break bread with local families and communities. Discover lost kingdoms in Jordan, camp under the desert stars in traditional Bedouin accommodation and marvel at some of the world’s most impressive sites in Jerusalem. Uncover the swathes of history alive in this region, joined by expert local guides and a small group of likeminded adventurers.
A day at the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the Valley of the Kings, Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerusalem’s historical religious sites and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
Experience the best of each country with Feature Stay accommodation – three unforgettable evenings on a Nile riverboat, isolated elegance at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum and old school charm in Bethlehem in a converted historic home.
Embrace local life as you travel with passionate local leaders, meet a local Rabbi, spend an evening with a Bedouin community, and discuss history with a geopolitical expert (a Premium Exclusive Experience).
Lift the lid on local cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a hummus tasting in Tel Aviv, a zarb dinner at a Bedouin camp, a meal in a family’s home in Cairo and sunset drinks on board a traditional felucca.
The unearthing of Tutankhamun’s tomb is one of the world’s greatest discovery’s – at the Valley of the Kings you’ll have the chance to enter three tombs of your choice, followed by a visit to the resting place of the famous young Pharaoh.
In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip takes in many religious sites, so it’s best to come prepared. You will need to bring clothes that cover arms and legs – a light scarf is a good idea for hot days.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you are planning this activity as it is not available on all departures.
5. Israel currently requires a PCR test upon arrival, with a quarantine until test results are received (24 hours or less). Please see ETI for more details.
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information