Rainforests, sloths, beaches and coffee. This is Costa Rica, come experience the best of it.
Nice to meet ya, Costa Rica. Introducing the country encapsulating ‘pura vida’ to the extreme, a laid-back paradise where even the sloths are taking things easier than usual. After soaking up the culture in San Jose we hit the national parks in search of unspoilt rainforest and deserted white-sand beaches. And did we mention the sloths? This is a trip for nature lovers among you: a ‘best of’ trip in Costa Rica, which just happens to quite possibly have the ‘best of’ biodiversity in the whole wide world. You won’t regret it.
Take in the atmosphere and culture of San Jose, Costa Rica’s bustling capital nestled between the mountains and volcanoes.
Visit Manuel Antonio and Corcovado national parks and swim off white-sand beaches while searching for tropical birds, iguanas and sloths.
The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be really hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
Try to learn as many Spanish words as you can. Locals are very friendly, but also shy, so you'll need to make plenty of effort to break the ice. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Best of Costa Rica trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. To have a private room on this trip, a single supplement is bookable; subject to availability.
3. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
4. Please be careful when booking flights to/from San Jose; make sure you fly into/out of Juan Santamaría International Airport [SJO]. Please do NOT book flights to/from Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport [SJC] as this is located in California, United States.
5. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.