Travel from Hanoi to Hong Kong on this adventure through China's spectacular south.
Discover the spectacular southern reaches of China on this adventure through the past. Start in Vietnam's jewel of the north, and delve further into the region's French heritage over the border, with a stop in Mengzi. Explore Yuanyang, the picture-perfect home of the Hani people, where eye-popping terraced landscapes stretch as far as the eye can see. Step back in time among the Qing and Ming dynasty masterpieces in Jianshui, and wander the busy streets of Kunming. Finish with an epic rail trip to Hong Kong, where neon lights strike a contrast with the splendour of the harbour.
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2019:
From 1st January 2019 this trip will finish in Kunming instead of Hong Kong and will decrease in length to 9 days. This is to enable the trip to connect with our popular Yunnan & Tiger Leaping Gorge (CBSP) trip. The trip name will also change to Hanoi to Kunming.
For a limited time, we're offering 15% OFF trips in South East and Eastern Asia. Find out more >Terms & Conditions
Follow the Yunnan-Vietnam railway and visit the one of the oldest train stations on this line at Bisezhai village for a fascinating glimpse into history
Explore idyllic Yuangyang on a guided half-day walk, snapping photos of the spectacular rice terrace landscapes and learning a thing or two about their makers, the Hani people
Discover the Ming and Qing marvels of Jianshui Ancient Town on a guided walk. Visit Zhu's Family Garden, the Confucius temple and the amazingly preserved Tuanshan village
Kunming is yours for the taking. Enjoy plenty of free time in the liveable, laid-back 'Spring City' to make your own discoveries
Finish up in Hong Kong, a perfect playground for urban adventures. Ride the ferry or tram for spectacular views of the town's natural splendour, or hit the harbour for an incredible synchronised light shows by night
There are two quite long journeys on this trip – one from Hanoi to Mengzi, over the Chinese border (Day 2); the other a high speed train from Kunming to Shenzhen, your stepping-stone to Hong Kong (Day 10). The high-speed train is especially fun and a chance to see the new high-tech China.
1. A Single Supplement to have your own room is bookable on this trip, subject to availability, and includes all nights.
2. A scanned copy of the personal details page of your passport is required at time of booking or no later than 30 days before departure in order for us to purchase your train tickets.
3. Please note while traveling through mainland China you will not be able to access some popular internet websites.
4. Your tour leader will change at the Vietnam - China border.
5. From 1st January 2019 this trip will finish in Kunming instead of Hong Kong and will decrease in length to 9 days. This is to enable the trip to connect with our popular Yunnan & Tiger Leaping Gorge (CBSP) trip. The trip name will also change to Hanoi to Kunming.
Our Hanoi to Hong Kong trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews in the last year.
A funy experience and full of new knowledge
Review submitted 11 Jan 2018
Very nice travel style which put face to face with local people and other cultures. The possibility to try local food and customs is very valuable.
Review submitted 11 Jan 2018