Discover the charms of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia on an in-depth adventure
A realm of untold history, sprawling waterways and ancient temples, South East Asia is a wonderland for travellers and explorers alike. This 24-day Premium adventure delves into the heart of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, touching on the unique charm each region has to offer. Start your adventure in bustling Bangkok and venture north, where the wildlife, history and local food brings one surprise after the next. Travel into the depths of Vietnam, rich in old world culture and hidden treasures, before finally arriving in Cambodia witnessing the lost ruins of Angkor, uncovering the confronting history of the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and the tranquillity of the Tonle Sap confluence.
Enjoy three fabulous Feature Stays – the immersive community-based Lisu lodge in Thailand, a tropical oasis wellness resort in Cambodia and a magnificent junk-style boat on Halong Bay in Vietnam.
Get to the heart of Vietnamese culture with Exclusive Experiences, including a soul-stirring Hat Xam performance, an afternoon in an ancient pottery village, and a cooking class with a local chef in Hue.
Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on a charming riverboat then enjoy two guided days exploring the temples of Angkor, including a morning accompanied by a private photography coach (Premium Exclusive Experience).
See the important sights of Phnom Penh on a full day guided tour. Visit the sobering Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, then stop by a working Buddhist monastery to meet the resident monks.
Learn about Thai culture during Exclusive Experiences – ‘make merit’ at a local temple in Bangkok, cruise on rice barges while enjoying traditional meals and visit the village of Kup Kap , home of the Lahu people.
In 2023, Tet (Lunar New Year) will run from the 21st to the 27th of January. This is a fascinating and rewarding time to see the region, however you do need to be prepared for some businesses to be closed, tourist sites to be very busy and for transport to be packed as many Vietnamese are travelling around the country. Please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 13 (boat) where you will be in shared accommodation, and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance is 20kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for internal flights. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. Due to limited luggage space in our vehicles, please ensure that you are packing light and compact. Large, bulky suitcases are unsuitable for this trip. Please refer to the Packing section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
7. Flight schedules within South East Asia are currently limited. Whenever possible, you will be on a direct fight. However, some flights may require a stop.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information